• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Metal Alloy and Aluminum Bats

RallyMo

3 minutes ago, junkorama said:

It's time for MLB to allow the use of these bats.

People are going to hit homeruns anyway, so why not let them in? It shouldn't make much of a difference.

Also, all stats and records would be considered as part of the same body. No asterisks or classification.

Who's with me?

source.gif

honestly, I have said this for a long ass time. How awesome would it be to get rid of the NL rules and modify the AL rules to where the DH had to use an aluminum bat and it was mandatory he was on steroids. Could be renamed to the Designated Roider. Add some modern day strategy to the game LOL

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Only if they also do away with drug testing.  I want to see roided out mutants hitting 600 foot home runs.  Of course pitchers and even infielders should probably wear pads and headgear.  

Hell yes! Throw a net in front of the pitchers like in BP. Move the infield back 100 feet. DH gets 2 strikes only, but 5 balls for a walk and it cant be an intentional pass.

16 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Hell yes! Throw a net in front of the pitchers like in BP. Move the infield back 100 feet. DH gets 2 strikes only, but 5 balls for a walk and it cant be an intentional pass.

You've got my vote.  I'm also imagining a Max Max Beyond Thunderdome style cage that they play in to prevent fans from getting maimed or killed.  

10 hours ago, junkorama said:

It's time for MLB to allow the use of these bats.

People are going to hit homeruns anyway, so why not let them in? It shouldn't make much of a difference.

Also, all stats and records would be considered as part of the same body. No asterisks or classification.

Who's with me?

In 1975, during Spring Training, the Cincinnati Reds experimented with the use of aluminum bats. 

They concluded them to be unsafe at this level of play, and the idea was discarded.

3 hours ago, junkorama said:

Hmmmmmm.

I feel like there would be homeruns, though.

There definitely would be, but there would probably be casualties as well.

Can you imagine Mark McGwire during his most powerful days with a solid stick aluminum bat?

Someone somewhere would have been killed.