• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Eppler open to trading youngsters for pitching

jsnpritchett

3 hours ago, RBM said:

That was just IP being a bully. Calzone had a reasonable opinion last night. We do need innings eaters IMO. It’s why I like Teheran. 

And this is you continuing to try to get a response from someone..   

If you think asking a guy to elaborate on who he views as a potential upgrade is bullying then perhaps you shouldn't be in a forum designed for the sharing of ideas.   Pretty much everyone on the board agrees we need pitcher, nobody fought him on that. 

You can pretend this response isn't warranted or over the top but, you know damn well you have been pitching daggers trying to get me to respond and I've ignored it.   

3 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

Teheran is one of the guys I was going to mention but IP was in a bullying mood so I chose not to mention anybody. 

Aww you got yourself a little acolyte .  Keep hiding behind someone else's skirt, it's very fitting.   You two make a great set.  

2 hours ago, RBM said:

Strad, that is not my personal experience with Chase. And I've never backed down from a bully.

LOL...   this is hilarious, it's absolutely 100% about you having had your inability to read or follow along exposed publicly...   And no, you don't back down, you just went crying to mommy when you had your idiocy thrown back at you and got your emo posts pulled (You are going to do it again).   BTW, if you're going to try to attempt to address someone by name -- you should start by getting their name right.   But keep up the good work Superman, keep AW.com safe for Clod, or maybe you should finally get over it and not go out of your way to pick fights you will only end up whining about.

2 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

I mentioned that we need four innings eater pitchers (not trolling) and he forgot to take his Xanax. Dude needs to chill out. It’s ok to disagree with opinions but to take the time to degrade people is not necessary. It’s really narcissistic. 

And I asked you to name guys you wanted to see the Angels add.  I even went on record as saying I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't doing your usual trolling.   Also, stop using the term narcissistic, particularly when it better describes you -- your need for attention and tendency to call everyone else out as a problem when you get called on your BS is a classic symptom..  Last night was a perfect example of this.

12 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Teheran is a consistent innings eater who would slot nicely in the 3rd spot in the rotation. And I don't think he's getting a big contract. I could see a deal like 3/39 or 3/45. 

I would have agreed with you before the offseason began. But the fact that the Braves neither picked up his $12mil option nor found a trade partner at that amount suggests his value is far less than 3/39-3/45. Add Odorizi's inability to find a deal better than the QO, and in think Teheran gets closer two 2/20.

8 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I would have agreed with you before the offseason began. But the fact that the Braves neither picked up his $12mil option nor found a trade partner at that amount suggests his value is far less than 3/39-3/45. Add Odorizi's inability to find a deal better than the QO, and in think Teheran gets closer two 2/20.

I dont know that he even gets that much.   He's the sort of pitcher that analytical teams tend to pass on, particularly since most everyone is moving away from sinkerballers and that's his best pitch.   This makes him a pretty solid chance to be a good value for some team.

36 minutes ago, wopphil said:

If that's the case sign me the fuck up.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

So trade Simmons for a pitcher and replace him with a worse player at SS for the same amount of money?  Why not just sign a pitcher?  Sorry if you consider this hate because I asked you to defend your position.  DidI had more 70 less at bats and accumulated 1.5 less WAR.  So 20% less at bats and 30% of the WAR.  If we chose to trade Simmons I would just run with Rengifo and sign a guy like Moustakas for less money.  

I’m thinking that Simmons is a tradable commodity that we could use to get a much needed arm. I’m extremely concerned with Simmons hitting mechanics. He looks shaky at times. Sure he’s a superior defender but Didi is no slouch. I like that we could add a left handed power bat and still have a SS that can defend.  

So we get a pitcher and a left handed hitting SS with pop. That’s my argument. 

Edited by Calzone 2

4 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I’m thinking that Simmons is a tradable commodity that we could use to get a much needed arm. I’m extremely concerned with Simmons hitting mechanics. He looks shaky at times. Sure he’s a superior defender but Didi is no slouch. I like that we could add a left handed power bat and still have a SS that can defend.  

Depends on the arm the Angels get. I'm not opposed to exploring a Simmons trade but right now his trade value isn't great.

Btw, I realize there are no truly great "defensive stats", but DRS (Defensive Runs Saved) is probably the best we have and since 2016:

Gregorius: -16 DRS

Simmons: 85 DRS

That's.... that's not even remotely close. That's like going from Donaldson to Trumbo at 3rd. Not to mention Gregorius is basically Simmons with more power offensively. Seriously, look at their slash lines. Oh and they're the same age.

22 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

At the risk of again being accused of bullying you.... What is it about his hitting mechanics you don't like?   

I wouldn't be opposed to moving him to be honest, but coming off an injury riddled season where he failed to perform to previous levels and with one year left on the deal, he doesn't seem like a very attractive trade target for other teams.

To be honest -- Didi may be the guy that best helps set whatever future market there is for Simmons.   Rock, meet hard place, kinda...

15 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Depends on the arm the Angels get. I'm not opposed to exploring a Simmons trade but right now his trade value isn't great.

Btw, I realize there are no truly great "defensive stats", but DRS (Defensive Runs Saved) is probably the best we have and since 2016:

Gregorius: -16 DRS

Simmons: 85 DRS

That's.... that's not even remotely close. That's like going from Donaldson to Trumbo at 3rd. Not to mention Gregorius is basically Simmons with more power offensively. Seriously, look at their slash lines. Oh and they're the same age.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

At the risk of again being accused of bullying you.... What is it about his hitting mechanics you don't like?   

I wouldn't be opposed to moving him to be honest, but coming off an injury riddled season where he failed to perform to previous levels and with one year left on the deal, he doesn't seem like a very attractive trade target for other teams.

To be honest -- Didi may be the guy that best helps set whatever future market there is for Simmons.   Rock, meet hard place, kinda...

Honestly it’s more about having another left handed power bat in the lineup. Calhoun is gone. I also don’t think that Didi is a bad defender. Oh and Didi’s slash in Anaheim is something noteworthy. .354 / .392 / .542 / .934

Just now, Calzone 2 said:

Honestly it’s more about having another left handed power bat in the lineup. Calhoun is gone. I also don’t think that Didi is a bad defender. Oh and Didi’s slash in Anaheim is something noteworthy. .354 / .392 / .542 / .934

They can definitely use more LHBs -- I have always thought it was a bit overblown when it came to bullpen arms but, I think it probably pays bigger dividends in the lineup.   The sample size on Didi is tiny and it sports a babip over .400, so you gotta take it with a grain...  But it's worth noting that he's tended to hit better away from NYC than at home..   So, he's not the classic Yanke Stadium creation.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

aren't "innings eater" pitchers by consensus just very mediocre pitchers?

I'd prefer we sign a couple of bonafide stars instead of just a gaggle of average guys, even if average guys would be an improvement over last year. 

I think "innings eaters" are essential for every rotation. Obviously you want stars up front (Cole, Ohtani) but you need guys to pitch deep into games all year long to fill the back of the rotation. I mean, other than Verlander/Cole/Greinke, who did the Astros throw out there? Same for the Nats "big 3". 

I also think, generally speaking, if you pitch 170+ innings over 30 starts, there's an element of quality involved. Shitty pitchers generally don't throw a lot of innings because they don't last very long (like me).

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I think "innings eaters" are essential for every rotation. Obviously you want stars up front (Cole, Ohtani) but you need guys to pitch deep into games all year long to fill the back of the rotation. I mean, other than Verlander/Cole/Greinke, who did the Astros throw out there? Same for the Nats "big 3". 

I also think, generally speaking, if you pitch 170+ innings over 30 starts, there's an element of quality involved. Shitty pitchers generally don't throw a lot of innings because they don't last very long (like me).

I completely agree. the assertion was that we should sign 4 innings eaters. while we need some of those types, we also need legit front end big beefy studs like Cole. having a pitching staff comprised of mostly innings eaters would be like having 4 outfielders like brian Goodwin.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

I completely agree. the assertion was that we should sign 4 innings eaters. while we need some of those types, we also need legit front end big beefy studs like Cole. having a pitching staff comprised of mostly innings eaters would be like having 4 outfielders like brian Goodwin.

Racist.

30 minutes ago, Tank said:

aren't "innings eater" pitchers by consensus just very mediocre pitchers?

I'd prefer we sign a couple of bonafide stars instead of just a gaggle of average guys, even if average guys would be an improvement over last year. 

Historically speaking it was guys who could go 6 innings...  Back end guys...