• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Eppler open to trading youngsters for pitching

jsnpritchett

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

A thought... how much of this is possible posturing?  Suggesting well trade over overspending?    Probably not just something that occurred to me 

Everything is posturing right now. Partial posturing, partial truth.

Edited by totdprods

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

This was my first thought too.

I'm sorry, but with this FA class I don't think you need to trade one guy out of our top 10 prospects. 

Keep in mind that most of the secondary pitchers have qualifying offers attached. That’s effectively like losing prospect capital. They will also cost more. Just throwing that out there.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I wouldnt read too much i to it. I think its more like "yeah, if the right deal comes along", not "this is our plan".

I think its also a bit of misinformation, aimed at player agents to say "we dont have to sign free agent pitchers".

You’re wrong  ... no message here. Too many teams are looking for pitchers. Angels are serious about a possible trade and will initiate negotiations imo. 

6 hours ago, floplag said:

A thought... how much of this is possible posturing?  Suggesting well trade over overspending?    Probably not just something that occurred to me 

Of course it’s posturing. Everything anyone says is posturing. 

Eppler wants other GMs to realize how valuable his young players are. And he wants the free agents to realize that he doesn’t need them because he can make a trade. 

Eppler and Boras are using me to help them negotiate and I am using them to help get clicks for my stories. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

2 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Eppler wants other GMs to realize how valuable his young players are. And he wants the free agents to realize that he doesn’t need them because he can make a trade. 

According to Eppler on MLB TV today ... there’s seem to be a lot of interest in our prospects and has repeatedly talked about trade capital. 

Everyone knows the Angels need pitching badly. Now that Ordorizzi is off the table and possibly Strasburg resigning with the Nats ... there’s a lot of teams looking for top tier pitching not named Gerrit Cole or Strasburg. 

My point is there’s really not much postering for the Angels to do or trying to fool the agents into believing we’re not desperate ... because everyone knows WE ARE DESPERATE! 

This will be one of the most interesting off season the Angels have had in a long time. 😃 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Eppler and Boras are using me to help them negotiate and I am using them to help get clicks for my stories. 

blog recap GIF

8 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

When Maddon was first hired he praised David Fletcher is being a future all-star (if I recall correctly).  Maybe they are planning to trade one of Fletcher, Rengifo, Thaiss, Biarra, or Suarez.  Considering Fletcher got GG glove consideration, they'd get the largest net return for him, but if we did that we'd better get a great prospect or quality MLB starter in return.  

Does anyone on here think we could get someone like Boyd for Thaiss, Rengifo, and Suarez?  

10 hours ago, Second Base said:

I'm starting to convince myself that the Angels can acquire Jon Gray without giving up our top prospects.

This feels more realistic becomes it also seems to be a little more under-the-radar like Eppler prefers to operate. Taking back an expensive Rockies RP makes sense too.

I know I’ll get torched for it, but Ian Desmond has crushed lefties in his career and the last two seasons - a .977 OPS last season - and could perhaps replace Cozart in a salary swap  and/or Thaiss/Rengifo (assuming they’re dealt for Gray) as an expensive UT player whose strengths fit our needs a little better than Cozart does. I’m not advocating it, but if it involves swapping him and Cozart and saving some top prospects in a Gray deal I think it’s pique my interest.