• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels cut Bour, Tropeano, Garcia, Cowart, and Del Pozo

mmc

The Angels announced today that they’ve outrighted five players from their 40-man roster, all of whom elected free agency rather than accepting an assignment to Triple-A. First baseman Justin Bour, righties Nick Tropeano and Luis Garcia, southpaw Miguel Del Pozo, and two-way player Kaleb Cowart are all now on the open market.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/10/angels-outright-five-players-2.html

Also, the LA Times (tweet from Maria Torres) and Jeff Fletcher from the OC Register have confirmed this.

Just now, totdprods said:

That's about $6-$7m saved right there.

Every penny counts considering they're going to go all in on FA this season. I really doubt they trade a significant prospect for anyone that can step right in, so all of their resources I believe will go into starting pitching and possibly a bat as well.

22 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

A little surprised on trop. 

Why?  He's constantly hurt and has been mediocre at best and terrible at worst when he's actually healthy.  Just turned 29.  He's just a guy.  Even with all of the injuries, etc., he'd be pulling in, what, $2M or so in arbitration?  Not worth the hassle.

EDIT: I see that MLB Trade Rumors estimates that he would have gotten $1.1M in arb (so basically no raise).  I find that hard to believe, given how past cases have gone.

25 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

The Angels have DFA'd the following players:

1B Justin Bour
RHP Nick Tropeano
RHP Luis Garcia
UTL/RHP Kaleb Cowart
LHP Miguel Del Pozo

Darn... those are the exact names I was hoping the Angels would trade to the Blue Jays for Vlad, Jr.   Missed opportunity.