• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels cut Bour, Tropeano, Garcia, Cowart, and Del Pozo

mmc

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

options meaning they can't send him down to the minors without releasing him.  

even when they had plenty of opportunity at the end of the year, he was sitting on the bench due to injury I think.  His last start was 8.29.  

Right now it's Ohtani, Heaney, Canning, Sandoval, Suarez, Barria, Peters ahead of him on the depth chart.  

What does 'today's game' have to do with anything.  They should pay him what they think he's worth.  You don't give a guy an extra half mil because the total amount you would have to pay isn't that much on a relative basis.  

It's already moot.  To a similar point you made about whether saving that money would make a difference, if we need Tropeano in any meaningful way next year, we're screwed.  

BTW, don't be surprised if he ends up coming back as a free agent and pitching in SLC again.  Also, maybe he's injured again.  Who knows and who cares.  If he drops a good season on the league in 2020 then you can tell me 'I told you so'.  

For now, this is really a nothing move.  

Yes i know what options mean, but considering we are out of season and the roster is very far from set he could have been released at any time.
No matter i think people are making for too much out of 1.1 M is all.  

2 hours ago, RBM said:

Conger played one season with Houston as their backup catcher.

Insignificant trade but I think we still got more from Perez and Tropeano. 

Playoff games Conger appeared in and playoff games Perez and Tropeano appeared in after the trade:

Conger - 1

Perez and Tropeano combined - 0

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

I'm glad the Angels held off from cutting tires with some of the guys that I think have a future as major leaguers. Wong, Ward, Walsh, etc...

...for now. Should be an interesting winter.

@Second Base, what do you think about something like a Taylor Ward or one of those other names or Rojas, maybe even Jahmai, for someone like an Erik Swanson or Elieser Hernandez? Any fringey #6 Dillon Peters/Felix Pena types out there you know of that you’d flip a fringe AAA bat for?

4 hours ago, totdprods said:

...for now. Should be an interesting winter.

@Second Base, what do you think about something like a Taylor Ward or one of those other names or Rojas, maybe even Jahmai, for someone like an Erik Swanson or Elieser Hernandez? Any fringey #6 Dillon Peters/Felix Pena types out there you know of that you’d flip a fringe AAA bat for?

Elieser Hernandez is the EXACT sort of pitcher that I'd be shopping Jahmai Jones and Taylor Ward for. 

As for buy low pitchers, I really like what I saw from Ronald Bolanos this year. 

• 2 years later...
On 10/28/2019 at 2:48 PM, totdprods said:

I have 37...

• Locks (21):
    • Anderson, Barria, Bedrosian, Buttrey, Canning, Heaney, Middleton, Ohtani, Pena, Robles, Sandoval, Suarez
    • Fletcher, La Stella, Pujols, Rengifo, Simmons, Thaiss, Goodwin, Trout, Upton
  • Very Likely to Stick (5):
    • Cole, Peters
    • Stassi, Cozart, Hermosillo
  • On the Fringe // DFA/Non-Tender Candidates (11):
    • Bard, Jewell, Madero, Mejia, Ramirez, Rodriguez, Bemboom
    • Smith, Wong, Walsh, Ward

• Virtual locks to hit FA (2):
    • Cahill
    • Calhoun

With up to five legit candidates to add to the 40 to protect from Rule 5.

• Rule 5 Eligible Potential Adds (5):
    • Ortega, De Horta
    • Jones, Rojas, Lund
    • Others not likely to be added, but eligible: Jack Kruger, Adrian Rondon, Jordan Zimmerman, Leonardo Rivas, Bo Way, Gareth Morgan, Johan Sala, Travis Herrin, Adam Hofacket, Joe Gatto, Jorge Tavarez

Damn, we sucked.