• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dominion Documentary

Taylor

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

You mean Biblically?

no

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

You mean Biblically?

no

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

You mean Biblically?

no

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

You mean Biblically?

no

The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks

15 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Because I know the two butchering companies here, the families who run them and people who work there.  I also know a majority the ranchers here.

Not trying to be argumentative or doubt that the people you know are good people, but have you been inside the butcheries?

The documentary presented dairy and egg farms to be just as cruel as butcheries. For eggs, chickens are packed into small spaces and genetically engineered to lay more eggs than what's natural. Many of the chickens are misshapen and can't even walk or move around, and so some drown in their own feces and urine because they can't lift their head off the ground. When they hatch new chickens, the male chicks are thrown alive into masceration machines (basically, giant blenders) where they are ground up into animal feed. 

On dairy farms, cows are artificially inseminated once a year, and the their calfs are taken from them after just three days. The mother cows and calves cry after this happens, because in the natural world, baby cows stay with their mothers until they're about eight months old. Female calves are either sent to butcheries or raised to become dairy cows, while male calves are sent to butcheries.

These kinds of practices have become necessary (or at least, farmers claim they're necessary) to keep up with consumer demand for dairy and eggs.

6 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

You're taking what you saw in one documentary and applying it to every other dairy/meat/whatever farm out there.  You know that's terrible logic and exactly what the documentary hoped to accomplish.  

Well, I've done some cursory research and it seems like these practices are standard. Actually, they're working on ways to stop masceration of chicks by identifying the gender while they're still in the egg.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/08/ethical-eggs-could-save-male-chicks-mass-slaughter

There's a lot of farms in the US and I'm guessing other parts of the world that follow certain ethical ways of raising animals for consumption.  There was a push for free range eggs after the videos of hens crammed into cages came out years ago and now at every store you can find eggs laid by hens that are free range.  Companies that say they raise animals ethically are targets for people who want to make sure that's really happening that's how the fair life videos came about.  Absent these companies being accused of incorrect practices I'm not going to assume they all do it.  If there's a demand for certain practices to stop I imagine they will and there's already been a lot of movement on that front.    

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

Not trying to be argumentative or doubt that the people you know are good people, but have you been inside the butcheries?

The documentary presented dairy and egg farms to be just as cruel as butcheries. For eggs, chickens are packed into small spaces and genetically engineered to lay more eggs than what's natural. Many of the chickens are misshapen and can't even walk or move around, and so some drown in their own feces and urine because they can't lift their head off the ground. When they hatch new chickens, the male chicks are thrown alive into masceration machines (basically, giant blenders) where they are ground up into animal feed. 

On dairy farms, cows are artificially inseminated once a year, and the their calfs are taken from them after just three days. The mother cows and calves cry after this happens, because in the natural world, baby cows stay with their mothers until they're about eight months old. Female calves are either sent to butcheries or raised to become dairy cows, while male calves are sent to butcheries.

These kinds of practices have become necessary (or at least, farmers claim they're necessary) to keep up with consumer demand for dairy and eggs.

I have been inside the butcheries, and been on multiple ranches.  Have not been on any dairy farms though.  I know these people.

Now mind you, these are not their pets

They dont love them, they are a means to live on.  But they arent cruel

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

You're taking what you saw in one documentary and applying it to every other dairy/meat/whatever farm out there.  You know that's terrible logic and exactly what the documentary hoped to accomplish.  

You act like the animal rights folk have an agenda

Separating calves from their mothers on dairy farms is a universal practice. I found this article from a dairy farmer defending the practice:

http://moderndayfarmchick.com/2017/02/19/why-dairy-farmers-seperate-cows-calves/

Her account sounds very reasonable, but then I found this study:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150428081801.htm

This dairy farmer made the decision to keep calves with their mothers, and she said she's received scorn from other dairy farmers who believe she's criticizing their traditional practice.

https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/dairy-farmer-ethical-raw-milk-510007

@Taylor, all kidding aside (for now)...
I know the documentary had an impact on you. You're obviously thinking about it a lot. I'm sure I would be too and that's why I refuse to watch anything like that. I love hamburgers too much.  And ribs... and chicken... and... well, you know.  You should cut all your ties with your sister.  She's obviously evil for exposing this stuff to you.  Oops, I was kidding again (sort of).

33 minutes ago, True Grich said:

@Taylor, all kidding aside (for now)...
I know the documentary had an impact on you. You're obviously thinking about it a lot. I'm sure I would be too and that's why I refuse to watch anything like that. I love hamburgers too much.  And ribs... and chicken... and... well, you know.  You should cut all your ties with your sister.  She's obviously evil for exposing this stuff to you.  Oops, I was kidding again (sort of).

I had chicken for dinner last night. I'm not nearly disciplined enough, and I'm a very picky eater, so becoming vegan would be extremely tough for me. But I think it's important for us to be aware of the facts. 

Maybe I'll become a vegan in like 10 years. Tank, keep a spot open for me!