• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Payroll?

kevinb

Team Payroll 2020  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think this payroll will be next year?

• 150-160 mil
    • 160-170 mil
    • 170-180 mil
    • 180-190 mil
    • 190-200 mil
    • 200 plus mil

going with the projected arb numbers in the other thread and not tendering garcia, tropeano, and Bour, plus the non arb contracts that should put the Angels right around 145m right now.  If the Red Sox are serious about becoming sellers then you jump at the chance to win right now.  Let's hope the salary will be right below the income tax level for next year....giving them just enough to be able to make some mid season trades just in case.....so right above 190m

Well Mlbtrade rumors did an estimate Arbs for every team. 

image.png.31e823f3a9bde0fb7e4b19c6eb466b1d.png

I think we can all agreed that Garcia and Bour will get non tender, Trop may as well. So adding everything up your getting roughly close to 20 mil in Arbs give or take a few mils. I also added the Astros Arb, and boy is it high over 50 mil.

Currently we have about 113 mil on 5 players. giving us  a total of 133 mil wuth the 9 arbs, than we still have a few pre-arb not mentioned by mlbtrade, so i assume we going to be around 145 mil in payroll.

Cap is at 206 mil, so if our salary is around 145, we have about 60 ish mil to spend. We also know that Arte likes to be under the salary cap, so lets say we have about 45 Mil to spend.

IF they are serious about contending, i think it needs to be near 200 and then let it balances itself as guys like Pujols drop off in the coming years.  We will have to push limits to contend, worry about he budget later.
Ill also say 190-200 with the caveat that its wishful thinking and ill be surprised if they actually do it.

2 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Well Mlbtrade rumors did an estimate Arbs for every team. 

image.png.31e823f3a9bde0fb7e4b19c6eb466b1d.png

I think we can all agreed that Garcia and Bour will get non tender, Trop may as well. So adding everything up your getting roughly close to 20 mil in Arbs give or take a few mils. I also added the Astros Arb, and boy is it high over 50 mil.

Currently we have about 113 mil on 5 players. giving us  a total of 133 mil wuth the 9 arbs, than we still have a few pre-arb not mentioned by mlbtrade, so i assume we going to be around 145 mil in payroll.

Cap is at 206 mil, so if our salary is around 145, we have about 60 ish mil to spend. We also know that Arte likes to be under the salary cap, so lets say we have about 45 Mil to spend.

as @Jeff Fletcher has mentioned many times, the cap number doesn't come into play.  

I'm seeing guarantees of 115.5 on Trout (36.8), Albert (29), Upton (21), Simmons (15), Cozart (12.67), Calhoun (1).  Another 22m in arb.  And another 7m in pre-arb.  So I agree that 145m is pretty close to where they currently sit.  

Even if you back load FA deals and extend Simmons, the cap shouldn't really come into play because I don't think Arte will extend payroll that much if he does at all.  

For giggles though lets say that Cole is 7/210, Wheeler is 4/70, Simmons is 3/45, and Grandal is 4/60 but their total 1st year allocation is 20, 13, 12, 12.  That would be 57m in payroll for 2020 but 77.5 in AAV.  That's still 195 or so as it relates to the cap.  I just don't think he goes up on payroll enough to even make it an issue.  

I get the feeling that even if he saves 5m on Simmons for 2020, It'll be two pitchers and that's it for the total of about 40m.  Is Grandal 'the guy' he'd be willing to push the limits on.  I think so, but I just get the sense that Arte doesn't.  

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

as @Jeff Fletcher has mentioned many times, the cap number doesn't come into play.  

I'm seeing guarantees of 115.5 on Trout (36.8), Albert (29), Upton (21), Simmons (15), Cozart (12.67), Calhoun (1).  Another 22m in arb.  And another 7m in pre-arb.  So I agree that 145m is pretty close to where they currently sit.  

Even if you back load FA deals and extend Simmons, the cap shouldn't really come into play because I don't think Arte will extend payroll that much if he does at all.  

For giggles though lets say that Cole is 7/210, Wheeler is 4/70, Simmons is 3/45, and Grandal is 4/60 but their total 1st year allocation is 20, 13, 12, 12.  That would be 57m in payroll for 2020 but 77.5 in AAV.  That's still 195 or so as it relates to the cap.  I just don't think he goes up on payroll enough to even make it an issue.  

I get the feeling that even if he saves 5m on Simmons for 2020, It'll be two pitchers and that's it for the total of about 40m.  Is Grandal 'the guy' he'd be willing to push the limits on.  I think so, but I just get the sense that Arte doesn't.  

I don't really see us paying that much for a catcher or any other position players. Focus and money will be spend on Pitching, I don't see it being spent on position players 

22 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I don't really see us paying that much for a catcher or any other position players. Focus and money will be spend on Pitching, I don't see it being spent on position players 

I agree that's how it ultimately plays out.  I just think Grandal is such a great addition to this team so I'm still in denial/dream mode for now.  A really good defensive catcher who's a very good hitter is available.  We have nothing like that on the roster or anywhere in the minors.  It's be like an ace pitcher becoming available and we needed pitching.  Too bad these things rarely happen and there aren't any opportunities to take advantage of when they do.  

19 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I agree that's how it ultimately plays out.  I just think Grandal is such a great addition to this team so I'm still in denial/dream mode for now.  A really good defensive catcher who's a very good hitter is available.  We have nothing like that on the roster or anywhere in the minors.  It's be like an ace pitcher becoming available and we needed pitching.  Too bad these things rarely happen and there aren't any opportunities to take advantage of when they do.  

He isn't actually that great of a hitter. He hits like .240, but he's a BB machine.