• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler Press Conference **Live Feed

Adam

Who ever they hire will definitely have more power in the room than Eppler, or at least that's definitely how it seems. Weird position to be in as a GM but it's not the first time this has happened for the Angels over the last 10 plus years. Mike had more power in the room with Dipoto and Reagins I think it was probably pretty even with Eppler but who knows. 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Who ever they hire will definitely have more power in the room than Eppler, or at least that's definitely how it seems. Weird position to be in as a GM but it's not the first time this has happened for the Angels over the last 10 plus years. Mike had more power in the room with Dipoto and Reagins I think it was probably pretty even with Eppler but who knows. 

No the manager won’t have more power than Eppler.  

10 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Eppler most likely was uncomfortable because his entire vision as the GM has been turned upside down by Arte.  I'm not sure he expected it to happen even after a bad season because Eppler seems like a "trust the process" type of guy.  Arte is definitely not that type of guy.

After 4 years of being 20 plus games out of first and spending the money he has spent. I think most owners would be pretty annoyed and want to win. I am not sure what GM's have been given longer than 5 years with out making the playoffs once especially if it's your first deal with the club. 

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

After 4 years of being 20 plus games out of first and spending the money he has spent. I think most owners would be pretty annoyed and want to win. I am not sure what GM's have been given longer than 5 years with out making the playoffs once especially if it's your first deal with the club. 

Considering Arte is the one who crapped the bed, blaming Eppler is pretty stupid. But then, I’ve never considered Arte a smart baseball guy. Apparently Arte doesn’t even grasp how bad he messed things up and how long that takes to fix. 

46 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Considering Arte is the one who crapped the bed, blaming Eppler is pretty stupid. But then, I’ve never considered Arte a smart baseball guy. Apparently Arte doesn’t even grasp how bad he messed things up and how long that takes to fix. 

Yep.  Hamilton, Albert, Wells, GMjr.   And we think Arte worries about the $35 million from this year?  Give me a break. 

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yep.  Hamilton, Albert, Wells, GMjr.   And we think Arte worries about the $35 million from this year?  Give me a break. 

Yep. Some of those were virtually all Arte. The rest were by his chosen GM’s. Eppler’s screwed up several one year deals + Cozart on the way to rebuilding an empty farm. 

I think the reason Epplern is (unfairly) getting a short leash right now - at least that’s how it appears - is the unprecedented loss total in Arte’s tenure. I’m hoping that it’s just Eppler making adjustments, but from what I’ve been hearing, I’m leaning towards pessimism at this point. And my base point is optimism. I hope I’m wrong.

2 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

What did Arte crap the bed at? You mean buying the Angels for what he did? Building this franchise to what it’s worth today? Making billions of dollars? Signing Trout to a record setting deal? Trusting his franchise to guys he thought would run it well. Turns out not so much? Yea seriously F*ck Arte what a dumb human being and he totally crapped the bed! I love that you blame Arte for all the bad and give him zero credit for any of the good. Sounds about right...victim mentality

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

What did Arte crap the bed at? You mean buying the Angels for what he did? Building this franchise to what it’s worth today? Making billions of dollars? Signing Trout to a record setting deal? Trusting his franchise to guys he thought would run it well. Turns out not so much? Yea seriously F*ck Arte what a dumb human being and he totally crapped the bed! I love that you blame Arte for all the bad and give him zero credit for any of the good. Sounds about right...victim mentality

You okay, buddy

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Must be dark with your head up your ass, cuz you sure can’t see what should be obvious to anyone with even half a brain. 

8 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

You okay, buddy

Ya why wouldn't I be?

I just don't follow the belief that this is all Arte's fault. He made hires who at the time everyone was behind they didn't work out. Is that on him or is it on the people he hired? As an owner you can only hire the people you think will do best at their job. After that you must hold the people in charge accountable for how they run it. Reagins Dipoto and to a lesser degree at the moment Eppler we haven't had a lot of success lately. I don't put that all on Arte's shoulders. Sure he hired them but that's taking away blame from people who he hired to do the job well. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

If Epller is replaced what makes you think the incoming manager would have dominion over the next GM?

I don't know who Epller is but I would think the new manager if hired would have more power then the new GM based on it's gonna be someone with a lot of experience. And he will need to work with the new GM that comes in if that's the direction they go if they don't make the playoffs next year.