• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Brad Ausmus

mmc

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Maybe.  But I think the spirit of it all is don’t upstage or distract from the WS.  I don’t really think would be that big of a national story to upstage or distract.

Just my opinion.  But also who cares if they just waited.

I do!

The sooner the better! There’s a beach chair with my name on it. 

19 hours ago, stormngt said:

That doesnt sound like Trout.

Maybe. Maybe not. If he is a leader on the club (which most assuredly, he is, albeit a quiet one), he might have addressed any issues that his teammates had with Ausmus. 

I'm not saying he did, but it's possible. He certainly wouldn't be airing any discontentments anywhere within earshot of the media.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I do!

The sooner the better! There’s a beach chair with my name on it. 

Wait... we expect you to report to the Arizona Fall League and cover all the Angels prospects; especially, Jo Adell.  And it's about time you launched a weekly podcast as well.  We'll give you a week off in December. Until then... get cracking.

23 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

We said the same thing when sosh left...

Im not defending ausmus. And who knows why he was let go. But if its the WL record, thats stupid...

Yeah not saying it's right, I just like Maddon  and think an attitude like his would be good for this team. But just getting Maddon ain't gonna save this team, I know this!! 

On 9/30/2019 at 10:56 AM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I really don't care about Ausmus but firing a manager after one season to me just seems like a sign of dysfunction.  

I agree with you but in light of Madden leaving Chicago, I think this may have been a necessity. 

Ausmus had a three year contract.

from the way outside looking in - it appeared to me that Ausmus was a place keeper /care taker type choice with the Halos pretty much treading water for three years.

When Joe Maddon suddenly became available -- all bets off and everything changed -- which is good news for Halos fans,

Maddon at 65 or whatever his age is - isn't going to go to a team with a place keeper approach -- so Arte may open his wallet up for an ace rotation guy like Cole, Strasburg or Bumgarner and with Maddon on board, top pitchers like that might even want to play here.  Can't wait for the Maddon announcement and Jeff Fletcher who knows a heck of lot more than the rest of us - - is probably right - the announcement comes sometime this week an definitely before the World Series starts,

If it's not Maddon, not sure why Ausmus gets fired after one year..  I liked Ausmus -- seemed like a good guy. Nice change from Scioscia -- end of season results/ record - 90 losses not so good -- not all of that is on Ausmus,, though.