• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Postseason Thread

Angelsjunky

Might as well start one.

The NL looks like its pretty well decided: the Braves, Cardinals, and Dodgers have clinched their respective divisions, the Nationals and Brewers clinched the two wildcards. The NL gets four meaningless games.

In the AL, only the Yankees and Astros have clinched their divisions, but the Twins are close. The wildcards are up for grabs, with three teams vying for two spots: the Rays, Indians, and Athletics.

So who do you think wins it all? Who do you want to win?

At this point, I'm going for the Astros, although I could get behind the Twins. Pretty indifferent about the NL, although would kind of like to see the Nationals win it just to see the look on Bryce Harper's face.

But the Astros are going to be hard to beat, with Cole, Verlander and Greinke as their top three starters. Damn.

46 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Might as well start one.

The NL looks like its pretty well decided: the Braves, Cardinals, and Dodgers have clinched their respective divisions, the Nationals and Brewers clinched the two wildcards. The NL gets four meaningless games.

In the AL, only the Yankees and Astros have clinched their divisions, but the Twins are close. The wildcards are up for grabs, with three teams vying for two spots: the Rays, Indians, and Athletics.

So who do you think wins it all? Who do you want to win?

At this point, I'm going for the Astros, although I could get behind the Twins. Pretty indifferent about the NL, although would kind of like to see the Nationals win it just to see the look on Bryce Harper's face.

But the Astros are going to be hard to beat, with Cole, Verlander and Greinke as their top three starters. Damn.

milwaukee is only 1.5 back of the cards for the division.   I'd love to see them come back and win the division.  

I'm gonna predict that Greinke gets shelled in the playoffs.  I'll probably root for the Twins and Rays out of the AL and Braves, Nats or Brewers in the NL.  Underdogs all the way.  

I'm reasonably indifferent to who wins, generally, although I'm rooting against the Yankees (always). 

However, I think the Astros have the best team by a solid margin. If they lose, it will most likely be bullpen issues. They have the best offense and rotation, imo. Their bullpen is only solid, not extraordinary. Could end up being a problem.

If they lose, it'll probably be the Dodgers who win. The Yankees have an outside shot, despite their rotation, because their bullpen is so dominant.

I generally go for underdogs, but I kinda hope Houston wins. My reasoning is that if they lose, Cole might be more concerned about winning than money and re-up with the Astros for less based on an immediate chance at winning (looking down the road is always risky when projecting success). Whereas, if they win, getting a championship on his record won't be as urgent of a priority, imo. At that point, he starts thinking about other things like location and money - both of which we can offer, along with an imminently bright future. 

For similar reasons, fwiw, I kind of hope Cole loses the Cy Young. Winning it would drive up his cost by a few million and the competition between him and Verlander could turn slightly antagonistic post-WS, which might make him less inclined to stick with Houston even if they decide to make a semi-competitive offer.

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I hope Cole comes down with some bad skin rash that keeps him out of the post-season, and his arm fresh....   for reasons.

Maybe they'll lose to the Rays in the first round and he'll get shelled in the only games he pitches which will drive down his price because he's not playoff 'clutch'.