• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout buys $9 million Newport Beach mansion

16 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

And Josh Hamilton

I haven't heard about Josh in a while, and googled him.  While no new news, his wiki details his relapses.

How many relapses are allowed before you say that the rehab "didn't take"?

Later incidents[edit]

Hamilton confirmed he suffered a relapse in early 2009 after photos were released in August 2009. Sports website Deadspin posted photos of Hamilton shirtless in a bar in Tempe, Arizona with several women. According to reports, witnesses saw Hamilton drinking, heard him asking where he could obtain cocaine, and heard him reveal his plans to go to a strip club later that evening. The photos do not show Hamilton drinking or taking any illegal drugs.[85]

Prior to Hamilton's public admission, Johnny Narron, a Rangers special assignment coach and Hamilton's mentor, said he doubted the validity of the photos, telling Deadspin, "I'm sure, in the depths of his drug addiction, he was in a lot of bars. He was in and out of bars, 'crackhouses', everything. There are probably photographs of him in all kinds of places."[86] When responding, Narron had not seen the photos and was told they were taken during March 2009, not two months prior when the incident took place.[87] Although this news did not break until August 2009, Hamilton revealed that he had informed his wife, the Texas Rangers, and Major League Baseball the day after the incident occurred. Hamilton called a press conference on August 8 to discuss the photos.[88] Regarding the incident Hamilton said:

Obviously it was one of those things that reinforce that I can't have alcohol. I got away from the one thing that kept me on the straight and narrow and that was my relationship with the Lord. That should always come first. Hopefully some good will come out of this. It just crossed my mind that night, 'Can I have a drink?' Obviously I can't and this reinforces that. Since that night, I have not had another thought like that. I know it's something I shouldn't do because it leads to other things.

Hamilton also admitted he had very little memory of the night after getting drunk, and did not know about the contents of the photos. Hamilton did not see the photos after their release, but listened on the phone as his wife described them to him. After the press conference Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said, "My first reaction in January was one of concern. Since then I've talked to a lot of people and they say it was significant that he came forward immediately and was honest about it." Major League Baseball tested Hamilton for illegal drugs two days after the incident and he passed that test.[89]

On February 2, 2012, it was reported that Hamilton had suffered a second relapse with alcohol. He claims to have had two or three drinks before inviting his friend and then teammate, Ian Kinsler, to talk at the bar.[90] Hamilton held a press conference on February 3, 2012, to apologize for his actions.[91]

On February 26, 2015, news broke that Hamilton had recently had a relapse, using both cocaine and alcohol. News reports noted that Hamilton had apparently confirmed his relapse personally to MLB officials on February 25.[92]

59 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I haven't heard about Josh in a while, and googled him.  While no new news, his wiki details his relapses.

How many relapses are allowed before you say that the rehab "didn't take"?

Later incidents[edit]

Hamilton confirmed he suffered a relapse in early 2009 after photos were released in August 2009. Sports website Deadspin posted photos of Hamilton shirtless in a bar in Tempe, Arizona with several women. According to reports, witnesses saw Hamilton drinking, heard him asking where he could obtain cocaine, and heard him reveal his plans to go to a strip club later that evening. The photos do not show Hamilton drinking or taking any illegal drugs.[85]

Prior to Hamilton's public admission, Johnny Narron, a Rangers special assignment coach and Hamilton's mentor, said he doubted the validity of the photos, telling Deadspin, "I'm sure, in the depths of his drug addiction, he was in a lot of bars. He was in and out of bars, 'crackhouses', everything. There are probably photographs of him in all kinds of places."[86] When responding, Narron had not seen the photos and was told they were taken during March 2009, not two months prior when the incident took place.[87] Although this news did not break until August 2009, Hamilton revealed that he had informed his wife, the Texas Rangers, and Major League Baseball the day after the incident occurred. Hamilton called a press conference on August 8 to discuss the photos.[88] Regarding the incident Hamilton said:

Obviously it was one of those things that reinforce that I can't have alcohol. I got away from the one thing that kept me on the straight and narrow and that was my relationship with the Lord. That should always come first. Hopefully some good will come out of this. It just crossed my mind that night, 'Can I have a drink?' Obviously I can't and this reinforces that. Since that night, I have not had another thought like that. I know it's something I shouldn't do because it leads to other things.

Hamilton also admitted he had very little memory of the night after getting drunk, and did not know about the contents of the photos. Hamilton did not see the photos after their release, but listened on the phone as his wife described them to him. After the press conference Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said, "My first reaction in January was one of concern. Since then I've talked to a lot of people and they say it was significant that he came forward immediately and was honest about it." Major League Baseball tested Hamilton for illegal drugs two days after the incident and he passed that test.[89]

On February 2, 2012, it was reported that Hamilton had suffered a second relapse with alcohol. He claims to have had two or three drinks before inviting his friend and then teammate, Ian Kinsler, to talk at the bar.[90] Hamilton held a press conference on February 3, 2012, to apologize for his actions.[91]

On February 26, 2015, news broke that Hamilton had recently had a relapse, using both cocaine and alcohol. News reports noted that Hamilton had apparently confirmed his relapse personally to MLB officials on February 25.[92]

Wow.....

3 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mike-trout-swings-9-million-130508858.html

"Anonymous2 minutes ago

Hopefully Trout can convince Angel owner Arte Moreno to buyout Puljos contract. Fat Albert needs to ride off into the sunset."

Which poster is this? 

Definitely sounds like a Trump tweet. Who knew he was an Angels fan?!

That is actually not that expensive for a guy that makes the money he does.  About a month ago, I had to inspect a 25 million dollar home in the Newport Coast area.  It was brand new and simply amazing.  As I walked through it, I remember wondering who could afford such a home.  Someone like Trout was all I could come up with.

Anyways, good for Trout.  I've inspected some condos in the Harbor Ridge community before.  That is a very nice neighborhood.

Edited by VariousCrap