• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No relief in sight

Glen

10 hours ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

220px-Blink-182_-_Enema_of_the_State_cov

Can’t believe the album is 20 this year.  Came out when I was about to graduate high school.  Midlife Crises suck.

Meh. Seen her lately? Youre probably doing better.

Guy I used to work with dated her for a bit. Im sure he caught something. But we all were in those days.... us less to brag about.

All seven Minor League teams are playing very poorly. I know the philosophy is emphasize player development, but in my opinion players need to be exposed to a winning environment. If you have some solid prospects you won’t be way under .500 like six of the seven teams. Swanson and his scouting staff don’t seem to be able to scout, project and sign decent pitching talent. Poor to mediocre pitching talent results in a losing system.  I am all for a change in the scouting system and a new farm director. 

14 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

Any team that sustained the problems with pitching that we have this year would suck. Any. Team. 

- Best pitcher misses the entire season because of TJS

- Next best pitcher literally dies. 

- Both FA acquisitions crapped the bed, performing significantly worse than career norms. (Yes, other teams deal with this. E.g. Sonny Gray in NY and Eovaldi this year.)

- The next two best pitchers are currently on the IL 

- The next best pitcher’s knee blew up. 

That is our seven best pitchers. Who do you think we should run out there? Do you think the Yankees have seven extra aces sitting in their farm system ready to take over for this apparently perfectly normal scenario? The genius Astros would obviously be prepared to replace seven pitchers. 

You can whine about Harvey and Cahill, but they were one year contracts in a year where we weren’t expected to seriously compete. Everything else was out of everyone’s control. Blaming anyone, whether that’s Arte, Billy, or Aus, just makes you look dumb.

Yeah, it sucks watching the team get blown out. But this is pure, ignorant jackassery. Seriously, get a clue. 

So what's different than the four years,

Please blame something other than injuries. That shit is so Facking stupid it blows my mind. Like are you guys really surprised that the pitching staff, who was all injury prone going into the season, got hurt? lol... Who's fault is it for building a roster of nothing but unproven injury prone 5th starters?

p.s. I like Eppler.

I will now accept my onslaught of troll reaction faces.

9 minutes ago, NrM said:

Please blame something other than injuries. That shit is so Facking stupid it blows my mind. Like are you guys really surprised that the pitching staff, who was all injury prone going into the season, got hurt? lol... Who's fault is it for building a roster of nothing but unproven injury prone 5th starters?

p.s I like Eppler.

I will now accept my onslaught of troll reaction faces.

Eppler should have traded Skaggs before he died.

27 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Geez, you people are thick headed.

Just to be clear, the situation with the team *this year* is effectively 85% Dipooto's mess that is *still* being cleaned up. That's how bad he screwed this team over. 

If you're too dense to grasp how, you probably aren't bright enough to be airing your opinions on a public forum.

Nor do you deserve to be told, yet again, why this is true.

On 8/9/2019 at 10:48 PM, Sean-Regan said:

Any team that sustained the problems with pitching that we have this year would suck. Any. Team. 

- Best pitcher misses the entire season because of TJS

- Next best pitcher literally dies. 

- Both FA acquisitions crapped the bed, performing significantly worse than career norms. (Yes, other teams deal with this. E.g. Sonny Gray in NY and Eovaldi this year.)

- The next two best pitchers are currently on the IL 

- The next best pitcher’s knee blew up. 

That is our seven best pitchers. Who do you think we should run out there? Do you think the Yankees have seven extra aces sitting in their farm system ready to take over for this apparently perfectly normal scenario? The genius Astros would obviously be prepared to replace seven pitchers. 

You can whine about Harvey and Cahill, but they were one year contracts in a year where we weren’t expected to seriously compete. Everything else was out of everyone’s control. Blaming anyone, whether that’s Arte, Billy, or Aus, just makes you look dumb.

Yeah, it sucks watching the team get blown out. But this is pure, ignorant jackassery. Seriously, get a clue. 

Get a clue?  How about you lay off the Kool-Aid sunshine pumper?  How do you explain the last decade?  Seriously?  I’ve been a loyal fan since the mid-70s.  I’ve seen it all with this organization.  Fact is, this team has hit a plateau with the current ownership.  This organization is a .500 to sub .500 organization under this ownership for the better part of the past 10 years.  Nothing changes until you change ownership.  Arte is a meddling arrogant owner cut from the same cloth as Jerry Jones.  Arte thinks he is the smartest baseball man in the room because he made nearly $1B selling billboard space - that is where the problem lies...

1 minute ago, BESCFAN said:

Get a clue?  How about you lay off the Kool-Aid sunshine pumper?  How do you explain the last decade?  Seriously?  I’ve been a loyal fan since the mid-70s.  I’ve seen it all with this organization.  Fact is, this team has hit a plateau with the current ownership.  This organization is a .500 to sub .500 organization under this ownership for the better part of the past 10 years.  Nothing changes until you change ownership.  Arte is a meddling arrogant owner cut from the same cloth as Jerry Jones.  Arte thinks he is the smartest baseball man in the room because he made nearly $1B selling billboard space - that is where the problem lies...

lol 

5 minutes ago, BESCFAN said:

Yeah, okay, Pop. That’s the first time I’ve heard being reasonable about basic facts called drinking the Kool-aid. But, whatevs. 

9 hours ago, BESCFAN said:

you tried k-pop GIF