• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Get ready for Zack Godley

Just DFA'd by the D-Backs, we need all the help we can get and he's formerly a successful MLB starter.  The last two years his FIP has been quite good, and he misses a lot of bats.  Can't get it together this year though.  But worth a shot given who makes up the Angels rotation currently. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/08/diamondbacks-to-designate-zack-godley-for-assignment.html

Edited by Second Base

2 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

His K rate is really down this year. Doesn’t strike me as an Eppler guy. 

Even though we are running out of in house options?  If there was ever a time where it might be time to look at guys that don’t fit your profile it might be now.  Hell is Bridwell an Eppler guy?  He has a higher strike out rate this year than Barria did last year, higher than Tropeano this year.  

14 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

I think he'll get claimed one of the 11 teams with a worse record than the Angels. He makes almost the minimum, and he's had success before. If it doesn't work, they can just non-tender him.

That's not how waivers works.  He has to pass through the entire NL first, then all of the AL teams with a worse record.

I agree with most here, just bring him in to eat innings every 5th game. They’re not playing for anything, and better he get lit up than rushing someone from the minors. 

If he sucks, non tender him in the offseason, and if you somehow fix him, great you have an option for 2020

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

I agree with most here, just bring him in to eat innings every 5th game. They’re not playing for anything, and better he get lit up than rushing someone from the minors. 

If he sucks, non tender him in the offseason, and if you somehow fix him, great you have an option for 2020

Well if it’s such a no-brainer to get him then he’ll get claimed by one of the 21 teams that could claim him before he gets to the Angels. 

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Well if it’s such a no-brainer to get him then he’ll get claimed by one of the 21 teams that could claim him before he gets to the Angels. 

Admittedly I don’t know the roster situations of the other 21 teams but I’ll go ahead and say not all of them desperately need a below average MLB innings eater. 

10 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

any ideas on who the angels would look at to fill out the starting pitching roster for the rest of the year?

14 minutes ago, Tank said:

any ideas on who the angels would look at to fill out the starting pitching roster for the rest of the year?

Aside from the 5 they have now (Heaney, Barría, Suarez, Peters, Sandoval), they can use Tropeano, Cahill, JC Ramírez, Bridwell in bullpen type games. It’ll be September soon and they’ll have a million pitchers.

Canning also may come back in a couple weeks. He said he could have pitched this time, so maybe this is just the team being super cautious and managing his innings. 

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Unfortunately, we've already called up about all the pitchers who we might call up in September....

But they haven’t had them all up at once. It’s a lot easier to put together 9 innings with 7 pitchers if you have a 15-man staff. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher