• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout to Undergo MRI Tomorrow

Glen

The way I've always experienced minor injuries or whatever, is the day of, he barely feels like anything, just a situation to monitor. The second day, everything is tight,  the muscles, the ligaments.  It's a constant state of uncomfortable. The third day, the discomfort is gone but the mobility isn't there and I never want to re-injure myself by pushing it. Day four, light duty.  The mobility is back, you feel 100% but you're still on light duty just to make sure you're good to go. Day 5, back at 100%.

This has happened with my hammy, hip flexor, lower back and intercostal muscles from working out.

So I figure if this minor injury is like anything I go through, day 2 is the worst, and today is day 2 for him. 

Tomorrow, he'll be out of the lineup again but available to pinch hit.

The day after tomorrow he'll be back in at DH.

In three days, he'll be back in CF. So all in all, he missed yesterday, today and probably tomorrow. Three games isn't so bad. 

^Yes, this. That clearly describes the behind-the-scenes of "day to day." Most players go through this once or twice a season, which is why most full-time players play 150-155 games, not 162. Say, 3-4 games off scattered throughout the year, and 5-8 due to minor injuries.

Last year's games played ranges (among qualifiers - I wanted to weed out platoon/ph hybrids):

162 games: 7

160+ games: 11

155-159: 26 

150-154: 20

140-149: 47

130-139: 24

120-129: 12

Meaning, only 37 players played 155+ games - that's a bit more than one per team, or only 26%. The median is 147 games.

And of course that doesn't include players who lost significant time to injury, so I'm guessing that only about 20% of full-time players actually play 155 games, and the median is lower.

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

We leave the souplantation to the savages.

But even the cholos know the lettuce sucks.

(That said, we would respond to protect the mountain dew, my brother)

Then all is forgiven.

And make sure to grab a couple of pizza bread slices at souplantation - those are worth your time.

17 hours ago, Second Base said:

The way I've always experienced minor injuries or whatever, is the day of, he barely feels like anything, just a situation to monitor. The second day, everything is tight,  the muscles, the ligaments.  It's a constant state of uncomfortable. The third day, the discomfort is gone but the mobility isn't there and I never want to re-injure myself by pushing it. Day four, light duty.  The mobility is back, you feel 100% but you're still on light duty just to make sure you're good to go. Day 5, back at 100%.

This has happened with my hammy, hip flexor, lower back and intercostal muscles from working out.

So I figure if this minor injury is like anything I go through, day 2 is the worst, and today is day 2 for him. 

Tomorrow, he'll be out of the lineup again but available to pinch hit.

The day after tomorrow he'll be back in at DH.

In three days, he'll be back in CF. So all in all, he missed yesterday, today and probably tomorrow. Three games isn't so bad. 

I’m gonna guess that Trout has access to a lot better treatment and therapy than you. And also that his body may work differently than yours. 

Not only because he’s a professional athlete and the best baseball player in the world but ... a different person.