• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

i legit hate this ASG Trout narrative...

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Even with a guy like Cole, it's always a bit of a crap shoot. We might sign him and he could be a bust, or his arm could fall off. The latter is always more likely when it comes to this team.

Look at Eovaldi. We might have had him, his $68 million contract, and 14 ER in 21 innings.

Eovaldi had only pitched well for part of a season, though.   Cole has been outstanding for 1.5 seasons, following some solid but not great work in Pittsburgh.   It simply seems like he has matured into a complete pitcher who can give you at least 6 innings each outing. 

14 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

The team has been unwilling to rebuild. 

What would you call drafting and keeping prospects for the past 4 years?  What would you call trying to limit financial obligations by staying away from from expensive and long term contracts that have been bad investments?

You are correct that the Angels are not rebuilding in the traditional manner of tanking, but they have been rebuilding.  I think it is easy to forget how bad this organization was in before Eppler's discipline.

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

What would you call drafting and keeping prospects for the past 4 years?  What would you call trying to limit financial obligations by staying away from from expensive and long term contracts that have been bad investments?

You are correct that the Angels are not rebuilding in the traditional manner of tanking, but they have been rebuilding.  I think it is easy to forget how bad this organization was in before Eppler's discipline.

Yep.  The Angels have been rebuilding since Eppler got here, which is four years.  

2 minutes ago, #WeNasty said:

Yep.  The Angels have been rebuilding since Eppler got here, which is four years.  

The average true farm rebuild supposedly takes 4-5 years.   This one isn't too far off now, just need to get the highest levels deeper in talent, which will be in a year or so.

Just now, fan_since79 said:

Adell is untouchable as far as I'm concerned.

Right, which was my point.  You aren’t getting future game arms without giving up a future game player.  Unless of course the team was ready to compete now and needed that final piece.  The Padres aren’t quite there yet.

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Can't stop worrying about Ohtani and his pitching arm. Like him better as a safer full-time slugger.

But that's just me.

It’s not just you.  I think if they have one more “major” injury, they should give him a first baseman’s glove and have him bat every single day.  

2 hours ago, floplag said:

unwilling to go to the next level financially he is the man of July, instead of the man of October.
We made the investment in the man, we are going to have to invest around him.  The kids are not going to be enough to put this club over the top in the coming years. 
IDK end rant i guess...

Arte has consistently stuck to a budget that he’s comfortable with. We have a lot of Arb cases coming up and Adell is most likely of a legit 2021 starter. Upton and Pujols are already showing their wear and tear. We need 2 more starting pitchers, middle relief and a stud closer. All expensive decisions. 

9 minutes ago, #WeNasty said:

It’s not just you.  I think if they have one more “major” injury, they should give him a first baseman’s glove and have him bat every single day.  

Geez Strad, he’s not a first baseman. Pitching and hitting are his true assets. He would be a huge defensive liability at first base. 

12 minutes ago, #WeNasty said:

Ideally, limit him to say 22 starts/120+ innings in 2020, and then if all is well, 27 starts/150+ innings in 2021 and go from there.  

Just now, Calzone 2 said:

Geez Strad, he’s not a first baseman. Pitching and hitting are his true assets. He would be a huge defensive liability at first base. 

Hence the “major injury” part of my post.  You have zero idea if he would be a huge defensive liability at first base.  Fine make it left field, I don’t care.  If he suffers another major injury that keeps him off the mound then lets have him be something other than strictly a DH.  

1 minute ago, Calzone 2 said:

The thinking is that if he has one more serious enough arm injury, he won't have enough of an arm to play a corner OF spot, even though he has plenty of speed for it.

6 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Arte has consistently stuck to a budget that he’s comfortable with. We have a lot of Arb cases coming up and Adell is most likely of a legit 2021 starter. Upton and Pujols are already showing their wear and tear. We need 2 more starting pitchers, middle relief and a stud closer. All expensive decisions. 

I think we're all hoping Middleton will fill that role. Obviously, nothing is a guarantee, but he could be a huge asset next year and beyond.

1 hour ago, #WeNasty said:

It’s the part where whatever they do it will not be enough for you despite how much money he spends short of spending the most in the league.  That part.  

Which is completely not true.  I guess well find out when it actually happens. 

2 minutes ago, #WeNasty said:

Hence the “major injury” part of my post.  You have zero idea if he would be a huge defensive liability at first base.  Fine make it left field, I don’t care.  If he suffers another major injury that keeps him off the mound then lets have him be something other than strictly a DH.  

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

If Ohtani doesn't have the durability to pitch, it's better that we find out sooner than later.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The thinking is that if he has one more serious enough arm injury, he won't have enough of an arm to play a corner OF spot, even though he has plenty of speed for it.

If he can’t pitch then he will be the most prolific DH in MLB history. 

Strad, if he has another arm injury then he certainly shouldn’t be playing any position that requires him to throw the ball hard.