• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rangers 4th of July,2019

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I was going off of this

http://www.espn.com/mlb/war/leaders

ESPN uses Baseball Reference which is pretty wonky, especially for pitchers. According to BR, Aaron Nola had a 10.5 WAR last year, which makes it the best season by any active pitcher. Fangraphs had it at 5.4, which makes it the 39th best season by an active pitcher.

Yeah, the difference is crazy and could be seen as an elephant in the room for the "WAR community." They need to figure out that discrepancy as it is ridiculous.

Anyhow, I think Fangraphs is significantly better overall, mostly because it is more consistent, whereas if you look at the BR WAR leaderboards, there are plenty of weird outliers.

29 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

This commercial with the chick that appears to have not had a bath in a week having an epiphany that she’s a druggie is my favorite.  It’s a beautiful thing. 

Yeah that Person from Rotolo Chevrolet is smoking.  Especially the dance at the end of the commercial