• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

6/19 Gameday Thread Angels at Blue Jays Upton batting cleanup

It’s gonna look pretty cool when Simmons is back in this line up later this week.  

Interesting to see what they’ll do.  Rengifo has options and you figure they want him playing every day.  My guess is they keep Tovar and send Rengifo back to Salt Lake. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

10 minutes ago, RBM said:

That’s the standard play and it makes sense but I have this feeling they’re going to keep Rengifo and DFA Tovar. Rengifo could still get 3-4 starts per week and can help the Angels right now more than Tovar. 

No way that happens. only way it does is if La Stella starts playing some 1st base or they start the lefty, righty, platooning. "Figs" needs at bats at his age.

Upton back too, so not much time in LF for Fletcher 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s gonna look pretty cool when Simmons is back in this line up later this week.  

Interesting to see what they’ll do.  Rengifo has options and you figure they want him playing every day.  My guess is they keep Tovar and send Rengifo back to Salt Lake. 

Hopefully. I think Rengifo sucks

52 minutes ago, RBM said:

.....Rengifo could still get 3-4 starts per week and can help the Angels right now more than Tovar. 

So you’re going to sit who 3/4 times a week?  Fletcher or LaStella? I guess Simmons might take a day off until he gets back in shape but Rengifo needs to play every day....in SLC....

Anyone worried about La Stella and current slump? Reverting to old normal or just some fatigue from everyday play?

Also like to see Bour with more at bats. When he makes contact the ball has a chance to go a long way. Maybe phase Albert out after the St. Louis series if things don't improve for him? 

7 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Anyone worried about La Stella and current slump? Reverting to old normal or just some fatigue from everyday play?

Also like to see Bour with more at bats. When he makes contact the ball has a chance to go a long way. Maybe phase Albert out after the St. Louis series if things don't improve for him? 

I totally agree about La Stella. I would feel better if I ever really believed his early numbers, but like...La Stella so far in June: .258/.303/.452/.755; La Stella career numbers: .270/.346/.397/.743. He's looked...basically like La Stella. Subtract a little ability to get on base, add a little power; amazing how similar his OPS ends up, actually.

Edit - happy about the jinx, but I stand by my fears.