• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Mariners @ Angels 6/9/2019(Fletcher out-sore shoulder)

11 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I'm still confused as to why people think the Angels are this amazing team. They show signs of greatness but for the most part, they are a mediocre/below average ballclub.  Yes, they are missing Upton and Simmons but it's not like those positions have been black holes in their absence. Eppler didn't build a good pitching staff. The facts are everywhere. Now I do agree that they should be winning more than losing against teams like the M's but it's going to be a long season for you if losing 2 out of 3 to the M's and many other average/below average or bad teams gets you upset.

I think most of us realized at the start of the season that the team had to be damn near perfect health wise and Eppler's signings would have to have semi average years or one of the best in their careers for the Angels to have a shot at the 2nd wild card. That hasn't happened and this is the result.

I’m still amazed that you are reading somewhere that fans think they are an amazing team.  

Alibi talk is serving up the same excuses. 

Go Halos anyway.............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Judging by some posts here, the Angels are supposed to be amazing and they can't quite figure out why their record it what it is. Now I know this board has some HUGE homers and rose colored glasses wearing posters but I just look at facts and remain subjective. That's why I stated that I find it odd that fans watch this team and are stunned that they are losing as much as they have been and continue to. With remarks like this team is a disgrace, how is this team this bad, why are they losing so much etc, that means their expectation is WAYYYYYYY higher than it should be considering the roster and people in charge. Take all those things into account and then realize that there are at least 7 teams better than they are and you have a team that will not win enough to make the playoffs.

I'm just hoping Arte actually does the right thing this year and lets his GM trade away players playing above their career numbers or ones that don't fit long term and focuses on building a better team for next year.  I have no expectation that they will even get the 2nd wild card. When 3 of your big FA pitchers are terrible and your starting LF is out for the first 3 months and then your SS goes down for months and some of the other guys you brought in are bad, you realize it's a lost season and prepare to get better for next year. Arte has not understood that year after year and year after year, his team doesn't make the playoffs. It's insanity.

It's fine if fans want to keep having unrealistic expectations of this team. That's their prerogative. I don't understand it and IMO, I'm better off realizing all the wrongs this team needs to get right instead of just ignoring it and living in a fantasy world.

just have to remember that things can turn quickly.  As pathetic as they look sometimes.  And they do look pathetic.  I’ve just gotta believe that it’s trending right.  This was a brutal home stand though for sure and keeping that faith is tough after fu*cking dog shit like this.  

Get up for the bitch ass Dodgers please. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

just have to remember that things can turn quickly.  As pathetic as they look sometimes.  And they do look pathetic.  I’ve just gotta believe that it’s trending right.  This was a brutal home stand though for sure and keeping that faith is tough after fu*cking dog shit like this.  

Get up for the bitch ass Dodgers please. 

ICEBERG DEAD AHEAD!!!