• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Fletcher

Just now, stormngt said:

Yes.....is there someone I haven't applied that standard to?

I don’t know about you specifically, but I was referring to fans in general. 

I think a lot of fans get too caught up in small samples of a few days or a few weeks instead of looking at the big picture. 

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don’t know about you specifically, but I was referring to fans in general. 

I think a lot of fans get too caught up in small samples of a few days or a few weeks instead of looking at the big picture. 

Well I certainly agree with that!

2 hours ago, RBM said:
   On 8/3/2019 at 10:20 PM,  Chuckster70 said: 

When do you guys think it's time to let Rojas have a shot at 2B and send Rengifo down to work on leading off, getting on base and stealing bases while working on SS possibly to see if he works there defensively in case we can get a nice return for Simba?

I like the idea.  Now is the time to find out what we have, who can help us and who can develop trade value.

"Now is the time to find out what we have, who can help us, and who can develop trade value"

Not once did I question Rengifro ability as a major leaguer.   We are out of contention we have a lot of AAA players who are rule v eligible and I am recommending seeing who can play or develope trade value.

You may not be making shit up.  You just might be imagining stuff that isn't there!

2 hours ago, RBM said:

And Rojas is a very poor defender. He could maybe play 3B or 1B but he is not a middle infielder. So you wanted to send Rengifo back to AAA because he was slumping, for Rojas?

And then with Fletcher slumping you say "slumps happen".

That is precisely the double standard  @Jeff Fletcher was referencing.

You cant read.  I never said Rengifro was slumping.  Nice try.  

6 hours ago, RBM said:

You’re the sam guy who said Eppler was ruining Barria for sending him down and made it personal when I said he needs to deal. Now you agree with Chuck for suggesting the same thing with Rengifo. Which is it? Apparently both. 

I agreed it would be a good idea good idea to to bring up some prospects and see what they can do.  I am convinced that Rengifro is a good prospect.  And my statement with Chick was after our playoff bid became out of reach.  I think a lot of our regulars should be rested in order to gain trade value for those on the farms.

And yes I think Eppler fucked with Barria head this year. And I am not alone with that feeling.  As starter Barria has just over a 4.08 ERA which it would be the best on our pitiful starting pitching staff this year!

And if you don't know the difference on the psychological impact on being benched or optioned down because you want to get major league time for your prospects and the difference of being sent down because your not as good as the shit pitchers they chose  than o don't know what to say.

But stop insinuating that I have said things that I have not! Shouldnt be s suprise since you insinuated that I said Barria was our Ace.  

Let this shit go!

17 hours ago, RBM said:
   On 8/3/2019 at 10:20 PM,  Chuckster70 said: 

When do you guys think it's time to let Rojas have a shot at 2B and send Rengifo down to work on leading off, getting on base and stealing bases while working on SS possibly to see if he works there defensively in case we can get a nice return for Simba?

I like the idea.  Now is the time to find out what we have, who can help us and who can develop trade value.

3 hours ago, RBM said:

No, that is not true. You did not speak in general terms about "prospects". You were agreeing specifically with demoting Rengifo and promoting Rojas.

And yes, the vitriol for how unfairly Eppler was treating Barria by utilizing options that all 30 teams utilize was clear. I don't agree. I think it's the business of baseball but we can agree to disagree on that. It's fine.

However, when you take the exact opposite side of your argument with another player and agree that the Angels should do the same thing with Rengifo that you criticized them for doing with Barria, well, that is hypocrisy by definition. And it's perfectly fine to point this out because you shouldn't argue both sides of the same argument.

The thing that is not ok is for you to make it personal with people who have a different opinion than you. Read Chuck's thread about his Grandson and calm down you anger. Peace.

Please tell me where I used Rengifro name?  

And what the hell do you believe the words " who can help us and who can develop trade factor".

Chick may have been specific I wasnt.  I like the idea of bringing up the prospects.  

I do not know your background.   You make some pretty interesting comments on here and some are good points.
However this one your a lost cause.  

In when a ayarter sits because they want to give some inferior players some time that starters confidence is not broken on fact it is enhanced because he knows why he is sitting.  And that method is only done when the game is lost or as in the Angeks the season is lost.

However with Barria he was not sent down to "get an inferior player some time"  he was sent down because they brought in a veteran the front office felt would be better.  And when they did bring him up they pretty much tell him he isnt good enough to start (despite being pretty good last year as a starter)  and start an opener instead.

I am sorry you dont understand the difference.

We should end this conversation whole it is still civil!

4 hours ago, RBM said:

No, that is not true. You did not speak in general terms about "prospects". You were agreeing specifically with demoting Rengifo and promoting Rojas.

And yes, the vitriol for how unfairly Eppler was treating Barria by utilizing options that all 30 teams utilize was clear. I don't agree. I think it's the business of baseball but we can agree to disagree on that. It's fine.

However, when you take the exact opposite side of your argument with another player and agree that the Angels should do the same thing with Rengifo that you criticized them for doing with Barria, well, that is hypocrisy by definition. And it's perfectly fine to point this out because you shouldn't argue both sides of the same argument.

The thing that is not ok is for you to make it personal with people who have a different opinion than you. Read Chuck's thread about his Grandson and calm down you anger. Peace.

Sorry but it's not hard to take things personal when they mischaracterize you.  That's exactly what you are doing!

10 minutes ago, cvdog said:

It took years but we finally found our leadoff hitter.

I agree with you if he brings his walk rate up.  Escobar had a better OBP and since people don’t steal bases anymore your leadoff guy has to have a good OBP.  

58 minutes ago, RBM said:

Fletcher is moving in the right direction.

His BB% has gone up - LY 4.9%, TY 8.6%. That is slightly higher than the league average of 8.5%.

And his K% has gone down - LY 11.1%, this year 9.3%. The league average is 22.7%.

He needs an above-average BB% to avoid having his fate always tied to BA/BAbip.

The fact that he’s made this much progress is encouraging, but until he gets that up to 10-11%, he’s going to be prone to red-hot/ice-cold periods simply due to the that reliance on BA. He doesn’t hit for enough power for there to be another way out. 

4 hours ago, RBM said:

The idea was to send Rengifo down to AAA. You said you liked the idea. I don't like the idea.That is not mischaracterization. It's a discussion of ideas.

Do you still like the idea of sending Rengifo to AAA for Rojas? Yes or no?

Tome to do it.  I stand by my words.  However if you want civility stop misconstruing people words!

• 2 years later...