• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Fletcher

3 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Can we all just take a moment to give credit where credit is due?

David Fletcher has been incredible this season so far. He’s now batting .318 and is the definition of small ball and always puts the ball in play. Plus he can easily play LF, 3B, SS, and 2B. He has great defensive abilities, a strong arm and hits for contact and average. Just a true baseball player by definition and always plays at 100%. He deserves a starting position on the roster every day. Another plus thing is he’s young at only 24 years old. 

I agree with most of this.  I appreciate what he’s done so far this year.  He’s easily been the most clutch hitter so far, and along with LaStella has been a pleasant surprise.

He doesn’t have “great” defensive abilities, he has good defensive abilities and his arm is adequate.  But the body of your post is correct.  He’s been a great surprise and I hope he can keep it up for 162 games.

3 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I agree with most of this.  I appreciate what he’s done so far this year.  He’s easily been the most clutch hitter so far, and along with LaStella has been a pleasant surprise.

He doesn’t have “great” defensive abilities, he has good defensive abilities and his arm is adequate.  But the body of your post is correct.  He’s been a great surprise and I hope he can keep it up for 162 games.

He's an excellent defender at 2b and 3b and has a very good to great arm.  

He's an adequate defender at SS.  

I'll eat some crow here: I didn't think Fletch had what it took to be a starter (figured his ceiling was a super-utility guy who can slap some singles and plays plus defense all over), and he is proving me wrong every day. He's versatile, he has great defense, and he hits all day. He's added some power since last year, and while he still doesn't walk as much as you'd want, its no longer as big of a hole in his game (he has an OBP of .365). And, he still just refuses to strike out. His babip says that his batting average will likely come down a tick, but he still kinda looks like a .300 hitter.

Fletcher has exceeded my expectations as well.  In fact, he's probably blown them out of the water. 

But...

That may change in a month or two...

Baseball is hard.

What I really appreciate about Fletcher is that he's making it cool again to not strike out.

Edited by True Grich

You know what? Compared to the absolute dumpster fire we've had at 2nd and 3rd over the past 3 5 8 10 years or so, I'd totally sign up for 3-4 years of solid production from him at the keystone. Now, all we need to do is sign Anthony Rendon in the off-season and we could have a pretty nice offense next year (even with Pujols clogging the proverbial toilet).