• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread:Royals @Angels 5/18/2019 (Walsh 1B)

24 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

I really want to see Walsh pitch to one batter and go back to first after lol plbring Calhoun in to play 1st and stick the pitcher in LF, moving Goodwin to RF. Then move them all back again

From what Skipper Brad has said, you'll only see Walsh pitch if the Angels are getting blown out and he would save use of an actual reliever who might be needed in the next game. 

Have my season seats for the game tonight, going to make the track down from Pasadena here soon! Go Angels!

im looking at the lineup and it looks pretty dang solid. But it leaves me wondering- is there a change in philosophy in what kind of hitter the cleanup hitter is? Simmons has had a great hit streak and is hitting nearly .340 over his last 14 games, but he’s also slugging under .400.

Makes me think he and La Stella could swap spots in the lineup and we would have as many opportunities to score but actually have more come to fruition in scoring. I know it’s a comfort thing on Simmons end (what I’ve heard reported I believed) that he doesn’t like leading off as much. But I feel like it’s a bit of a waste to have him in that spot rather than La Stella or Calhoun. 

Probably not that big of a deal, just thinking out loud. Should be a good game!

1 hour ago, kj_maestro said:

Have my season seats for the game tonight, going to make the track down from Pasadena here soon! Go Angels!

im looking at the lineup and it looks pretty dang solid. But it leaves me wondering- is there a change in philosophy in what kind of hitter the cleanup hitter is? Simmons has had a great hit streak and is hitting nearly .340 over his last 14 games, but he’s also slugging under .400.

Makes me think he and La Stella could swap spots in the lineup and we would have as many opportunities to score but actually have more come to fruition in scoring. I know it’s a comfort thing on Simmons end (what I’ve heard reported I believed) that he doesn’t like leading off as much. But I feel like it’s a bit of a waste to have him in that spot rather than La Stella or Calhoun. 

Probably not that big of a deal, just thinking out loud. Should be a good game!

La Stella's OBP is .383 vs .328 for Simmons. I think if trends continue you'll see Calhoun switch places with Simmons. I don't think we'll see Albert hit in front of Simmons because his complete lack of speed could negate Simmons above average base running.

LOS ANGELES ANGELS

vs. Kansas City Royals

Saturday, May 18th at 7:07 pm

Television:             FOX SPORTS WEST, FS1, NHK

Radio:                     AM 830 KLAA / KWKW 1330 (Spanish)

Probable Pitchers

·         RHP Jakob Junis (3-4, 5.77 ERA) vs. RHP Griffin Canning (1-1, 5.65 ERA)

National Anthem

·         The National Anthem will be performed tonight by Ashley Wineland. Ashley will also be performing the 7th inning stretch.

First Pitches

·         Staff Sergenat Ricardo Flemate will throw out tonight’s honorary first pitch as part of the Armed Forces Day festivities.

·         Annamarie Mcintosh – Age 17 – will throw an honorary first pitch after selling 5,124 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies.

·         Ayzayah Hartfiled, representing 58 Strong – will throw an honorary first pitch. Ayzayah’s father, Charleston Hartfield died shielding his wife in the Route 91 Harvest Festival shooting in Las Vegas on Oct. 1, 2017. Charles was a military veteran, and Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Officer.

Game Ball Delivery

·         James McIntyre, representing So Cal Honda, will deliver tonight’s game ball.

Bat Kid

·         Girl Scout Ashley Obremski, (11 years old) will be tonight’s bat kid. She sold 5,054 boxes of Girl Scout cookies.

Grounds Crew

·         Season seat holder Cindy Henry, from Riverside, Calif., will assist tonight’s grounds crew.

Steal Third

·         Lauren Jacobs (8 years old) will attempt to “Steal Third” tonight, representing JMG Security Systems.

Season Seat Holder

·         Alan Spitalnick from Riverside, Calif. will be honored for being a season seat holder since 1998.

Giveaway

·         Tonight’s giveaway is a Patriotic Tote Bag courtesy of Major League Baseball.

Postgame Fireworks and Concert

·         Following the game, there will be Country music themed Saturday Night Fireworks.

·         Following the fireworks, will be a postgame concert performed by Eli Young Band.

9 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

LOS ANGELES ANGELS

vs. Kansas City Royals

Saturday, May 18th at 7:07 pm

Television:             FOX SPORTS WEST, FS1, NHK

Radio:                     AM 830 KLAA / KWKW 1330 (Spanish)

Probable Pitchers

·         RHP Jakob Junis (3-4, 5.77 ERA) vs. RHP Griffin Canning (1-1, 5.65 ERA)

National Anthem

·         The National Anthem will be performed tonight by Ashley Wineland. Ashley will also be performing the 7th inning stretch.

First Pitches

·         Staff Sergenat Ricardo Flemate will throw out tonight’s honorary first pitch as part of the Armed Forces Day festivities.

·         Annamarie Mcintosh – Age 17 – will throw an honorary first pitch after selling 5,124 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies.

·         Ayzayah Hartfiled, representing 58 Strong – will throw an honorary first pitch. Ayzayah’s father, Charleston Hartfield died shielding his wife in the Route 91 Harvest Festival shooting in Las Vegas on Oct. 1, 2017. Charles was a military veteran, and Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Officer.

Game Ball Delivery

·         James McIntyre, representing So Cal Honda, will deliver tonight’s game ball.

Bat Kid

·         Girl Scout Ashley Obremski, (11 years old) will be tonight’s bat kid. She sold 5,054 boxes of Girl Scout cookies.

Grounds Crew

·         Season seat holder Cindy Henry, from Riverside, Calif., will assist tonight’s grounds crew.

Steal Third

·         Lauren Jacobs (8 years old) will attempt to “Steal Third” tonight, representing JMG Security Systems.

Season Seat Holder

·         Alan Spitalnick from Riverside, Calif. will be honored for being a season seat holder since 1998.

Giveaway

·         Tonight’s giveaway is a Patriotic Tote Bag courtesy of Major League Baseball.

Postgame Fireworks and Concert

·         Following the game, there will be Country music themed Saturday Night Fireworks.

·         Following the fireworks, will be a postgame concert performed by Eli Young Band.

thoughts respect GIF