• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Has anyone else noticed the team has a lot less fire under Ausmus?

mmc

Seems to me like under him the team has played with a lot less fire and energy since he took over.  The guys don't look like they're enjoying the game as much as they used to.  Sad to see?  Has anyone else noticed this or is it just my Ausmus hate blinding me?

Incredibly small sample size but I feel like Sosh would have had them "turn the page" on that 14-2 loss and win the next game. Instead they got their asses pounded again, like they were scared and dejected.

Idk, this team just isn't very good no matter who is managing.

The team just sucks, this same question comes up every year.  People said the same thing with Sosh managing: his message is stale, he's been here too long, guys are tuning him out, etc.  

Teams that win are going to seem happier and more energized, teams that lose all the time are going to look like glum dumpster farts.  It's confirmation bias.  

6 minutes ago, Reveille1984 said:

The team just sucks, this same question comes up every year.  People said the same thing with Sosh managing: his message is stale, he's been here too long, guys are tuning him out, etc.  

Teams that win are going to seem happier and more energized, teams that lose all the time are going to look like glum dumpster farts.  It's confirmation bias.  

Yep, fans are idiots.  

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Incredibly small sample size but I feel like Sosh would have had them "turn the page" on that 14-2 loss and win the next game. Instead they got their asses pounded again, like they were scared and dejected.

Idk, this team just isn't very good no matter who is managing.

We were good in 2014 until the postseason.

Since then, not very.

I remember the past few years around this time thinking to myself that the team seemed to be going through the motions, and I honestly blamed it on Scioscia thinking his "Tip the cap and turn the page" was the culprit, I see the same effect this year. Maybe it just has more to do with building momentum throughout the season? It's probably Justin Bour's fault just because I enjoy blaming his fat ass for being on this team.

3 hours ago, mymerlincat said:

Seems to me like under him the team has played with a lot less fire and energy since he took over.  The guys don't look like they're enjoying the game as much as they used to.  Sad to see?  Has anyone else noticed this or is it just my Ausmus hate blinding me?

Funny I could swear a lot of people complained the team lost fire under Scioscia.

3 hours ago, mymerlincat said:

My first thread, thanks for all the replies guys.  Appreciate it.

Welcome to AW - where the girls are green and the grass is pretty 

most of the managers that I've seen who manage with a great deal of intensity actually burn their teams out and can't sustain over the long haul.  

Collins was a good example.  It just becomes too much.  

Kapler was that way last year.  The team just caved late in the year.  

Matheny was another guy who just could maintain the a-hole edge for an entire year.  

Reacting/responding to every little fart is not motivating.  It's distracting.  

In fact, you want a manager to be able to decompress the high pressure situations and keep the team on an even keel.  

It's up to the manager to read each individual player and point them in the right direction.  Sometimes that means motivating players to motivate other players or giving guys breathing room.  

Getting outscored 24-6 against the best team in baseball can take a lot of wind out of your sails.  

11 hours ago, ScottT said:

This team has not sucked very much (well?) overthe last 18 years.

They suck at sucking, I guess.

To be fair, sucky in 2000-2001, great in 2002, sucky in 2003, great in 2004-2009, sucky in 2010, solid in 2011-2012, sucky in 2013, solid in 2014-2015, sucky in 2016-current 

Eleven great or solid years, 8 sucky years, and the current sucky year