• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why did we get rid of Blake Parker again?

Rico

5 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Parker will not keep up what he is doing right now.

He doesn’t need too. Obviously he is going to have a higher ERA of .096 throughout the rest of the year. Yet, he is a quality guy. With him in there, it would have added to an even deeper pen. 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

for some reason I didn't realize how terrible Cahill has been.  

Probably because he was decent through his first three starts (3.50 ERA) but has sucked in his last three (9.49 ERA). So far he and Harvey (and Allen) have been busts, but if I'm the Angels I'd give them 10 starts before considering making changes. 

8 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Probably because he was decent through his first three starts (3.50 ERA) but has sucked in his last three (9.49 ERA). So far he and Harvey (and Allen) have been busts, but if I'm the Angels I'd give them 10 starts before considering making changes. 

velo on the sinker is down by a mph.  Using the curve a lot more than the changeup.  not a lot of positive impact from Doug White so far.  

Hindsight is always correct. 

Parker was kerosene last year.  How quickly it is forgotten by the "told you so" folks. I am glad he is gone. It just confirms that you do not need to spend a lot of money on a bullpen.

57 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

velo on the sinker is down by a mph.  Using the curve a lot more than the changeup.  not a lot of positive impact from Doug White so far.  

Doug White is not telling them to throw the pitch in the middle of the plate. Their locating sucks, there's nothing Doug White can do for them if they are spinning balls into the heart of the zone. 

43 minutes ago, Lou said:

Parker gave up 1 ER and 2 hits in 1.1 ip today. His era is now 1.69

Like Clockwork. 

Facing non AL Central offenses will do that.

Just looked at his actual numbers beyond ERA -- Walk rate is way up (4.8), K rate is way down 7.7 (was 11.5 first year in Anaheim, 9.5 last year).  He's not allowed a lot of hits but 9 of his 11 appearances have come against the bottom 5 run scoring offenses in the AL.. 

Pretty much everything he's done screams smoke and mirror but his ERA was 0.96!   So, the Angels must have been stupid!!!

Edited by Inside Pitch

7 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Doug White is not telling them to throw the pitch in the middle of the plate. Their locating sucks, there's nothing Doug White can do for them if they are spinning balls into the heart of the zone. 

but he does influence pitch selection and sequencing.  

just because a curveball would make sense in certain situations or is a plus pitch, if the pitcher can't command it or doesn't have as much confidence in it, things like spin rate go out the window.  

there's a reason why a guy like Stratton has a plus curve but still sucks.