• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why did we get rid of Blake Parker again?

Rico

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

but he does influence pitch selection and sequencing.  

just because a curveball would make sense in certain situations or is a plus pitch, if the pitcher can't command it or doesn't have as much confidence in it, things like spin rate go out the window.  

there's a reason why a guy like Stratton has a plus curve but still sucks.  

Honestly,  I default to your perspective. You are more in tune with the inner workings than I.

There are a number of pitchers the Angels should have keyed in on for money they spent.  Yeah, Cahill and Allen are busts so far, Stratton is utterly useless and Harvey has his moments but the overall line doesn't look so hot either.  

But there isn't much anyone could say that would convince me that Blake Parker should have been tendered a contract.  Not with the way our bullpen has performed. 

Eppler has his warts, like any other GM, but building a bullpen....there's no one better. 

22 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Just more troubling moves that put Eppler's competency as a GM in serious question.

He can be completely incompetent for all I care.  This man landed Shohei Ohtani, inked Mike Trout to a career long extension, traded for Andrelton Simmons for a couple of prospects that still haven't been able to stick in the majors, and has brought the Angels farm system back from the dead in three short years.

Dipoto had negative value across the board.  Bad at free agents, luke warm at best in trades, and the absolute worst anyone has ever seen at farm building.

Eppler didn't need to do much to outperform him, and yet he has done quite a bit.  All Eppler has to do to be better than Dipoto is not be the worst, and so far, he's not the worst. 

22 minutes ago, Second Base said:

He can be completely incompetent for all I care.  This man landed Shohei Ohtani, inked Mike Trout to a career long extension, traded for Andrelton Simmons for a couple of prospects that still haven't been able to stick in the majors, and has brought the Angels farm system back from the dead in three short years.

Dipoto had negative value across the board.  Bad at free agents, luke warm at best in trades, and the absolute worst anyone has ever seen at farm building.

Eppler didn't need to do much to outperform him, and yet he has done quite a bit.  All Eppler has to do to be better than Dipoto is not be the worst, and so far, he's not the worst. 

I completely agree with you, but trying to get some guys to see that when they only look at the record is next to impossible.  Especially when they like to paint a picture of the Angels being incompetent. 

Parker's underlying numbers don't look encouraging at all. That sparkling ERA will be tough to maintain if he's continuing to be a reliever with a poor K rate and high BB rate. Shoemaker is done for the year and a sample size of 4 good starts or whatever it was isn't anything to go off of regarding an "I told you so". Looks like letting both go wasn't an issue at all