• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Blue Jays @ Angels 5/1/2019 (La Stella leading off, Kole 6th)

8 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I know we won, but that defensive indifference almost cost us the game. One bad pitch and it's 6-6. Throw the guy out at 2nd and the game is over. That baserunner was not the tying run, so it doesn't matter if he scores on a bad throw.

This isn’t really how it works.  His run meant nothing, so they weren’t holding him on.  If you aren’t holding him on he gets a giant lead, one where you really have no chance to throw him out.   However not holding him on gives you a better chance of fielding a ground ball to the right side and potentially end the game.  Oh and if he throws one bad pitch it wouldn’t matter where that runner is at.  Plus it wasn’t the catchers indifference that brought the tying run up to bad, it was the next guy getting on base.  

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

4 games back. 

If we can just hang around .500 and within say, 7 GB...by the time we get Ohtani, Upton, Heaney, Middleton back, and perhaps Thaiss, Ward, Adell, Rengifo start pushing for MLB action, we may be in good shape for the rest of the year.

Yes, "good shape" as in not being eliminated in August, but playing some meaningful games in September, with some of the kids you mentioned getting some game experience while still theoretically in the hunt, that's a good goal for this team.

More than that - well, I don't expect it, but it's baseball, we always get to "hope" :)

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

...perhaps Thaiss, Ward, Adell, Rengifo start pushing for MLB action, we may be in good shape for the rest of the year.

I think it would be somewhat unprecedented if all four made their way on to the major league roster in the same year; therefore, I think it's unlikely.  Not impossible, but still unlikely.

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

I think it would be somewhat unprecedented if all four made their way on to the major league roster in the same year; therefore, I think it's unlikely.  Not impossible, but still unlikely.

Well, I did say perhaps, and also, half of them already have...

Bour doesn't seem to be doing much to keep Thaiss (who will need to be added to the 40-man to avoid Rule 5 draft) from overtaking him as the year goes on, and arguably Adell could have gotten a shot to replace Upton had he not been hurt. He's possibly the least likely now to appear in the bigs this year.