• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Blue Jays @ Angels 5/1/2019 (La Stella leading off, Kole 6th)

Just now, RBM said:

good question. I just looked at it frame by frame and he had no chance at that ball. Vlad moved on it but it was three feet to his right when it blew past him.

he would have had it if it was a sandwich 

17 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The ball was hit very shallow and most of the time the fielder will make that throw and beat the runner.

it was the first out of the inning.

la Stella was on deck and he isn’t a particularly strong double play threat, and he’s also been one of our best hitters this year.

Trout was up next and likely to get a shot with the bases loaded, an out on the bases might take the bat out of his hands.

I understand that perspective, I just happen to disagree.  I think this is a spot to be aggressive.  Again, it’s early, they have a lead and  I think it’s a 50/50 play at worst with Calhoun running against Grichuck.  I think all the pressure is on Grichuck and theJays catcher to make a play and that should be forced. 

Anyway, agree to disagree.  I’m glad they got the runs anyway.