• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So pleased with the way the Angels have played lately

Chuck

I don't even look at the standings or care if the Rangers or teams the Angels are chasing win or lose. 

To me, I'm entertained and completely satisfied watching exciting Angels Baseball. If they keep it up, all good things will come together for the good of all Angels fans.

We all expected these types of performances from the Angels out of the gate, but unfortunately it has taken this long for this super talented team to click.

Be that as it may, I don't care about April 1 - mid-May. The past is in my rearview mirror and postseason or not, I'll be satisfied from here on out as a fan if they play up to their abilities for the rest of the season. 

It's such a long season, there are so many ups and downs, you really do just have to take one game at a time and enjoy the ride.  When you make changes like the Angels did in the off season it takes some time for them to learn to play together, and find what's effective going forward.  .....Just keep improving and getting healthier.

Chuck, its just like the 90s - watching Angels baseball to enjoy the game, not with any hope of actually ever making the postseason.

Ha ha, just kidding. I too am very pleased and feeling hopeful.

I was going to mention that in my post as well AJ. But seriously, I didn't follow the Angels every season because they had a chance to get to the playoffs. I followed them because they were my team and I was entertained by the thought of them winning or doing something spectacular or memorable. The losses made the wins even that more enjoyable. 

I suggest this younger generation that was spoiled with the Angels that have trotted out there this past decade to love the team first, hope for the best in terms of winning second. If you do that, the losses are less painful and the wins are a sweet smelling fragrance that make the fan experience even better. 

I was going to mention that in my post as well AJ. But seriously, I didn't follow the Angels every season because they had a chance to get to the playoffs. I followed them because they were my team and I was entertained by the thought of them winning or doing something spectacular or memorable. The losses made the wins even that more enjoyable. 

I suggest this younger generation that was spoiled with the Angels that were trotted out there from this past decade to love the team first, hope for the best in terms of winning second. If you do that, the losses are less painful and the wins are a sweet smelling fragrance that make the fan experience even better. 

Well said Chuck.

I suggest this younger generation that was spoiled with the Angels that were trotted out there from this past decade to love the team first, hope for the best in terms of winning second. If you do that, the losses are less painful and the wins are a sweet smelling fragrance that make the fan experience even better. 

I have been an Angel fan since 1972.  I followed their games on the radio when they were 20 games out.  I enjoyed seeing if they can day to day and rarely cared about the standings.  And yes, the current generation of Angel fans are very spoiled.

I don't even look at the standings or care if the Rangers or teams the Angels are chasing win or lose. 

To me, I'm entertained and completely satisfied watching exciting Angels Baseball. If they keep it up, all good things will come together for the good of all Angels fans.

We all expected these types of performances from the Angels out of the gate, but unfortunately it has taken this long for this super talented team to click.

Be that as it may, I don't care about April 1 - mid-May. The past is in my rearview mirror and postseason or not, I'll be satisfied from here on out as a fan if they play up to their abilities for the rest of the season. 

The most important thing is being able to watch entertaining baseball. That hasn't been the case most of this season, and it may be too late for an exciting post season run but it is never too late for exciting baseball. Glad to have seen it of late, I hope they keep it up.

True. Of course it isn't just the younger generation but us "old folks" who have gotten used to a perennial contender. I suppose the last few years have taught us not to take contention for granted!

Would be nice to see them do this against teams that don't suck

While I agree with that (and we'll see how they play from here on, of course) I'm certainly gonna enjoy this burst of non-suckiness. 

chuck, man...4 games brah.... lets not get too excited. but i have to admit its hard to keep it inside.

This team lately IS like the team I recall watching in the late 90s, early 2000's. Actually putting together some plays, hitting with runners in scoring positions, bullpen has been holding some leads. It's been very good to see and at this point I don't harbor any expectation the Angels will make the playoffs. 

It's a stark contrast to the way they played throughout the first month of the season. 

I've never been a bandwagon fan. Growing up in the south, I followed the Atlanta Braves when the only suspense was whether they would lose 100 games. They won two division titles in almost 30 years of play (before the incredible streak that began in 1991). I began following the Angels in the late 1990s, when they played less-than-great baseball. When my teams aren't winning I'm disappointed, but I'm in for the long haul. My sports loyalties don't change.

These last 4 days have been much more enjoyable in terms of watching Angles baseball than the previous month and a half.  If they keep this up I will actually be excited to go to the ball park again rather than just going when there is a good giveaway.

I have been looking forward to seeing games lately.

Was at Saturday's game (only my 4th of the year). This was by far the most fun I have had at a game in quite some time. This is the type of product Arte opened up his checkbook for when he signed Pujols and Hamilton. Keep hot Halo offense. I love this ride.