• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taylor Ward up, Justin Anderson down

If you think Cozart is going on the IL, why wouldn’t they just put him on today?

I’m not at the park today but I saw one of the writers also tweeted that the Angels wanted an extra position player for NL games this weekend. 

Actually, they had been a position player down and now they have the normal number. 

I don’t think Anderson is coming back in less than 10 days. 

3 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I get it, but I hate seeing moves like this. Justin Anderson  should be in the major leagues.  I hope something is done to address these option year shenanigans... in addition to the service time shenanigans.  

watch this look here GIF by Paul McCartney

1 minute ago, aznhockeyguy said:

I don't understand the need for an extra position player when the Angels are at home and thus their roster is optimized for an AL park.  Shouldn't the Brewers be making a move like this instead since they're coming to an AL park? 

If you pinch hit for your starting pitcher and then your pitchers spot comes up to bat again then you will quickly run out of bats on the bench.  Right now their bench consists of a back up catcher that you really don’t want to use as a pinch hitter because then you don’t have a back up catcher if there is an injury.  Then you have one of Cozart, La Stella or Fletcher, Bourjos or Goodwin and then in an NL park it is either Pujols or Bour.  If you do a double switch you lose one of your outfielders or infielders in the double switch.  Our starters haven’t been going deep into games so there is a better chance of them needing to be pinch hit for early in the game.  Those are my thoughts.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If you pinch hit for your starting pitcher and then your pitchers spot comes up to bat again then you will quickly run out of bats on the bench.  Right now their bench consists of a back up catcher that you really don’t want to use as a pinch hitter because then you don’t have a back up catcher if there is an injury.  Then you have one of Cozart, La Stella or Fletcher, Bourjos or Goodwin and then in an NL park it is either Pujols or Bour.  If you do a double switch you lose one of your outfielders or infielders in the double switch.  Our starters haven’t been going deep into games so there is a better chance of them needing to be pinch hit for early in the game.  Those are my thoughts.

The pitchers will hit today? How does that work?

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Aren't the Angels at home?