• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bands that have progressively gotten better

Thrice.

Much like my AFI post they progressed from kind of a punk/post hardcore gig (while being great at it and one of the tops in the genre) to a more experimental and even folky sound. They just really kept reaching and being really exploratory with each album ending on the highest of highs.

They just continually seemed to outdo themselves and each album seemed to be better than the previous.

Like others have said, it's almost impossible for a band to top to each album if they've been around for awhile. Rise Against did so for the first three or four albums in my opinion but their last two isn't quite as good. You might be able to make the same argument for Avenged Sevenfold but not everyone would agree.

Like others have said, it's almost impossible for a band to top to each album if they've been around for awhile. Rise Against did so for the first three or four albums in my opinion but their last two isn't quite as good. You might be able to make the same argument for Avenged Sevenfold but not everyone would agree.

Oh man, can we revisit the thread from many years ago where people didn't like the bands music during the drummers od?

Oh man, can we revisit the thread from many years ago where people didn't like the bands music during the drummers od?

It's a shame that we can't bump that thread. One of their passionate fans thought it was "too soon" for you to share your opinion about their music. I think they're a great band but they're not for everyone.

Maybe I should change the criteria to bands that had a significant stretch of progressive improvement.

Chevelle. I think they took a bit of a step back on their last album but they're a band that's maintained the same style and got better.

I want to say Evanescence but their second album wasn't as good as the first. I think their last album was their best. Regardless, they're one of the best female fronted bands in rock today; I can only think of a few others that are as good or better.

The Beatles upped their game with every album (except for Let It Be). Elton John continually got better on every album up through Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy. Sam Samchez mentioned The Kinks too. Like he said, they kept getting better until their fourth or fifth album too. Seems that most bands, that have stood the test of time, progress with every album until they hit a pinnacle and then they kind of blow their wad and their stuff gets just ok. I think The Beatles did it right by realizing that they had reached their creative peak as a band with Abbey Road and then they called it a day.

The Grateful Dead's catalog got progressively better each album with only a few down-ticks, the apex coming with In The Dark.

Pink Floyd's Roger Waters years tended to progressively get better, then dropped off dramatically when he left.

The Beatles, as mentioned above.

The Flaming Lips stuff keeps getting better and they seem to stay 5 years or so ahead of where the rest of music ends up.

Those are just a few.

Agree with Chevelle and Tool.  I would throw Thursday in there as well (Like Chevelle, they got a little bit "softer" before breaking-up though.  I mean more melodic than just hard-chords).  I'll have to check on Thrice; picked-up their first CD, then forgot about em...

Dropkick Murphys still don't disappoint too.