• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fantasy Advice

So...apparently we are able to keep three players from our existing team for the 2019 season but I can't really decide who to keep. I finished 1st place last season but lost in the playoffs,  though despite having a decent team, I don't have as many no-brainer picks as a lot of the other teams in my league do.

Just curious who most of you would pick. 

Notable players on my team:

C - Gary Sanchez

1B - Joey Votto

3B - Miguel Andujar

SS - Francisco Lindor

OF - Justin Upton

OF - Bryce Harper

OF - Nick Castellanos

SP - Trevor Bauer

SP - Madison Bumgarner

Closer - Edwin Diaz

I drafted pretty well last year. In contrast to the year before where I finished 1st but the majority of my team were waiver pick ups or trades. I also had drafted Tommy Pham and Matt Carpenter but ended up dropping them due to performance or injury.

I would think my sure picks are Harper and Lindor but Im debating what to do with my 3rd choice. I would lean Joey Votto but he would have to get his power back as I don't want to waste a third pick on 12 Hrs.

Justin Upton and Castellanos are interesting just not sure if they would merit a 3rd round pick.

Bauer, if he repeats last year is worth it, just not sure he will.

Gary Sanchez was horrible last year but he's still projected as a #2 catcher which seems hard to pass up considering the overall weakness at that position.

Any input??

I was thinking Lindor, Harper, Bauer.  As SB said, without knowing the scoring system or the size of the league (what position you're drafting) makes it a little bit of an undeducated guess.  Assuming you have to use your first 3 picks for these keepers, I wouldn't want to be looking for my first pitcher in the 4th round when many teams will likely keep their top pitching talent.  Bauer will be good again IMO.

1 hour ago, Sam Sanchez said:

So...apparently we are able to keep three players from our existing team for the 2019 season but I can't really decide who to keep. I finished 1st place last season but lost in the playoffs,  though despite having a decent team, I don't have as many no-brainer picks as a lot of the other teams in my league do.

Just curious who most of you would pick. 

Notable players on my team:

C - Gary Sanchez

1B - Joey Votto

3B - Miguel Andujar

SS - Francisco Lindor

OF - Justin Upton

OF - Bryce Harper

OF - Nick Castellanos

SP - Trevor Bauer

SP - Madison Bumgarner

Closer - Edwin Diaz

I drafted pretty well last year. In contrast to the year before where I finished 1st but the majority of my team were waiver pick ups or trades. I also had drafted Tommy Pham and Matt Carpenter but ended up dropping them due to performance or injury.

I would think my sure picks are Harper and Lindor but Im debating what to do with my 3rd choice. I would lean Joey Votto but he would have to get his power back as I don't want to waste a third pick on 12 Hrs.

Justin Upton and Castellanos are interesting just not sure if they would merit a 3rd round pick.

Bauer, if he repeats last year is worth it, just not sure he will.

Gary Sanchez was horrible last year but he's still projected as a #2 catcher which seems hard to pass up considering the overall weakness at that position.

Any input??

Without knowing your setup I assume this is a 22-man roster or something else?

Harper Sanchez and Bauer for me.

A few answers to some questions.

It's a 12 person league, I believe 22 players per team.

Scored head-to-head, in 16 categories (R, HR, RBI, SB, XBH, BB, AVG, OPS / W, CG, Saves, Ks, WHIP, QS, K/9, ERA). Category differential matters. Had a ton of 13+ category win weeks last year that helped get the #1 seed last year.

16 hours ago, ettin said:

Without knowing your setup I assume this is a 22-man roster or something else?

Harper Sanchez and Bauer for me.

Somehow I overlooked Lindor.

In that case go Sanchez, Lindor, and Bauer.

You can always pick up Upton in the draft to give you a rough equivalent to Harper.

Harper, Lindor and Bauer.

That's a pretty no brainer question lol. There are so many upgrades at the rest of those positons...

Just think about it in terms of redrafting your lineup...would you be ok drafting harper/lindor in the 1st/2nd round? I'm sure there are better pitchers than Bauer in the 3rd but hes not a bad option.

Harper and Lindor are no brainers for me too. I just dont see another clear cut no brainer 3rd round pick which is essentially what I'm looking for.

Im now leaning Bauer more than I was. I guess Im the only one still holding out hope for Votto to bounce back. He's in a pretty solid lineup, still walks a ton and doesn't strike out. Just needs to get his power back. I'll probably go with Bauer and if Votto falls to later rounds, maybe get a potential bargain.

I'm also in the camp expecting Harper to be more or a monster in Philly in that stadium in that lineup. 

If you have a really hard time deciding on three it means you have more than three keepable players.

If you just keep three and lose somebody, then you lost something.

Seems like you should be scouring other rosters looking for a team that has one or two beasts and a terrible third keeper so that you can make a two-for-one deal with them where you upgrade your third keeper and they land a better third keeper.

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

If you have a really hard time deciding on three it means you have more than three keepable players.

If you just keep three and lose somebody, then you lost something.

Seems like you should be scouring other rosters looking for a team that has one or two beasts and a terrible third keeper so that you can make a two-for-one deal with them where you upgrade your third keeper and they land a better third keeper.

Other teams seem like they have better options than I do to be honest.

1 team, I would keep Trout, Jose Ramirez and Juan Soto, though he also has Syndergaard.

Another team would be a tough choice between Goldschmidt, Baez, Bryant and Yelich.

Another guy gets to start with Arenado and JD Martinez, and I think he's electing Benintendi for his 3rd.

I just dont think I have as strong as a 3rd pick as some other teams.

I tend to feel that way about pitchers. Case in point with the pitchers I got last year. The ones I drafted earlier didnt really pan out for me: Bumgarner, Darvish, Jon Gray and Ohtani.

But I got solid bargains on Bauer (drafted way at the end), Patrick Corbin, (undrafted picked up off the free agent list before the season started ), Jameson Taillon (picked up in week 2 after someone dropped him).

And it could have been even better if I had room to get Blake Snell who went undrafted, and instead I recommended him to my brother before the season started and he was quite happy.

Unless the pitcher is in the Scherzer elite type class, I tend to be pretty scared drafting pitchers early