• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Major League Baseball Thread

m0nkey

47 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You keep saying overpay, at the time the trade was made Adell was ranked in the 60’s and Canning wasn’t in the top 100.  They got the 13th and 86th ranked prospects and two more.  So at the time there was no such thing as an overpay.  This is why your narrative is simply stupid.  You also have no idea what kind of talks Eppler had with them.  

Canning was not only not a top 100 prospect,he didn't even pitch until 2018.This was after the Yelich trade.You earlier mention Rengifo as part of a trade package,problem with that is he was still in the Tampa farm system.Stradling said there was no such thing as a overpay and he's right.You can keep saying the Angels should have made the trade but when you don't have the pieces it won't happen.You can lament over a missed opportunity to acquire Yelich, when if fact that opportunity was never there.

I was allllll about trading for Yelich. And at the time I was willing to offer Adell and Canning as the core, even further. I felt it was fair and enough to get the job done.

But I can definitely see how Miami might not have seen it as enough at the time, even though it would have felt like a huge overpay for Angels fans.

I found a farm ranking that was published a week or two after the Yelich trade.  He had the Angels having 3 top hundred prospects.  Ohtani at #1, Adell at #62 and Jam Jones at #94,  They had the Brewers having 3, and that was after trading two plus two not in the top 100 for Yelich.  The top prospect the Brewers had was Hiuras, who was also ranked higher than Adell.  I don’t know what the rules are for trading an International player (Ohtani) immediately after acquiring him but I guess that could have made it possible. 

Bottom line it’s dumb. 

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

I don't buy that. You overpay to get him or at least attempt it. Start with Adell and add Canning and Marsh and the rest of our best. Whatever. Over and done with. Now just have to hope the guys they hung onto actually play well enough to justify no Yelich.

I also think that trading Adell, Canning, Marsh and the rest of our best for Yelich would guarantee Trout wanting to stay with the Angels.  I think it it that kind of approach from the front office that Trout is most interested in and why he will sign with the Phillies the first chance he gets.

6 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I can't help but root against this guy:

Bryce Harper's first 5 games: .500/.652/.1.188, 3 HR, 333 wRC+

Bryce Harper's last 10 games: .175/.298/.300, 1 HR, 59 wRC+

It is still early.  I hope he stays sucking.

19 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Even former Halos pitchers are jinxed.

I had no idea the Angels drafted Clevinger. Who did they trade him for?

F'ing Dipoto.

EDIT: Just looked it up. Vinnie Pestano.

LOL Dipoto.

Edited by Taylor

MLB Investigating Racist Messages Sent to Cubs' Edwards

A day after Major League Baseball honored the 72nd anniversary of Jackie Robinson breaking the sport's color barrier, the league is looking into racist messages that Chicago Cubs reliever Carl Edwards Jr. received on Instagram, sources told Patrick Mooney of The Athletic.

"We are aware of the situation," an MLB spokesperson said Monday. "We have a team that works with social media companies to take appropriate actions in situations like this."

Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein commented on the messages Edwards received and confirmed the league is investigating the matter.