• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout Hits For The Cycle

Chuck

Found this little tidbit:

Since RBI became official in 1920, only two other players have hit for the cycle in a game where they also drove in five or more runs AND stole at least one base. And it's been more than 80 years. Before Mike Trout tonight, those other two players were Tony Lazzeri of the Yankees (vs Athletics, June 3, 1932) and Babe Herman of the Dodgers (vs Reds, May 18, 1931).

I guess we're getting our $500K worth. Angels should be ashamed when they are paying Blanton $7.5M.

I believe the Angels should have given Trout at least one Wells-game worth of salary as a raise ($130k). The gave Salmon a raise to $600k 20 years ago so there's no team precedent against giving raises to pre-arbitration players. 

I can understand why the club may not want to give $1M+, that might start to eat into their leverage as far as Trout's willigness to accept a long term extension, but a bump of $20k is overly stingy given the countless millions of dollars the club has eaten on garbage contracts. 

That was great to watch.

The most impressive part of it all?

His speed, or it wouldn't have happened.  Especially the single.

Less Big Macs, More cycles please.

Yep. All parts of his game were on full display tonight. The triple and the single were accomplished because of his insane speed, and then that HR was simply just a display of the type of strength he has. Seriously couldn't believe how much that ball carried to RCF considering how low it was

Give this guy a lifetime contract...I don't care what the cost. They can never let a talent like this get away. He's the best talent this org has ever produced and for our sake and the rest of baseball's sake, hopefully he stays healthy for his career

Give this guy a lifetime contract...I don't care what the cost. They can never let a talent like this get away. He's the best talent this org has ever produced and for our sake and the rest of baseball's sake, hopefully he stays healthy for his career

Slow dooowwwnn.  ;)   I love the guy too but lets not forget the start of the season compared to last season.  I still don't have a good sense of where his norms will be.

But...he definitely is the most exciting player on the team.

Lesson learned.  Give me a youthful handful of Trouts and Trumbos over Pujols' and Hamiltons.

Slow dooowwwnn. ;) I love the guy too but lets not forget the start of the season compared to last season. I still don't have a good sense of where his norms will be.

But...he definitely is the most exciting player on the team.

Lesson learned. Give me a youthful handful of Trouts and Trumbos over Pujols' and Hamiltons.

Even with his slow April start, he's on pace for a 30/30 season to go along with 100/100 in runs/RBI. Doing this in his age 21 season. Only thing stopping him is injury IMO.

Right before that 2-0 pitch, I just had a feeling he'd hit it out. I went nuts in my room right when the ball met the bat. Baseball is an amazing piece of art and we're witnessing a true artist at it with Mike Trout. 

Dude my roommate was begging me to come out to the store with him, and I told him I was not going to miss Trout's last at bat. When Gubi was talking about not being surprised if Trout hit the homer, I had a strong feeling he'd do it too.