• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya they’re all full of shit with that stupidity.  Simply baffling that he’d get less votes with like literally 5 other candidates in the field.  Mystifying shit. 

Both can be correct. Bernie did get less votes, and there were more options this time.

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

That’s not the point.  Highlighting that stupid factoid as some sort of failure is absurd and disingenuous.  And because I enjoy self harm I’m watching MSNBC and just listed to Chris Matthews again, talk about how combined Buttigieg and Klobuchar beat Bernie.  Lol, what the fuck is that nonsense ?!?

It's not nonsense though. Bernie boat raced Hillary in 2016.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_New_Hampshire_Democratic_primary

At this point in the counting he is only ahead of Buttigieg, by 4k, and Klobuchar by 8k. The top two "more moderate" candidates combined to beat him by 20k plus votes. 

It's probably more of a guessing game to say if Pete wasn't in the race, where would his votes have gone, and if Klobuchar wasn't in the race, where would her voted gone?

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Also, Warren proved tonight that her candidacy is unviable.  She should drop out.  But apparently she won’t. 

I agree with this. The farther left part of the party clearly favors Bernie. Bernie has a strong base of voters, and they aren't going to switch to Warren. She has no path to win, and should drop out.

14 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

It's not nonsense though. Bernie boat raced Hillary in 2016.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_New_Hampshire_Democratic_primary

At this point in the counting he is only ahead of Buttigieg, by 4k, and Klobuchar by 8k. The top two "more moderate" candidates combined to beat him by 20k plus votes. 

It's probably more of a guessing game to say if Pete wasn't in the race, where would his votes have gone, and if Klobuchar wasn't in the race, where would her voted gone?

It doesn’t make sense to think that way because it’s not the way it works.  As you noted.  If one of Klobuchar or Buttigieg weren’t in the race then there’s not really a very good way to know how those votes would disperse.  Do you think that if it was Buttigieg vs. Bernie 1 on 1 Buttigieg would win ? Or Klobuchar ?  I think it’s tough to say with confidence that they would.  

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It doesn’t make sense to think that way because it’s not the way it works.  As you noted.  If one of Klobuchar or Buttigieg weren’t in the race then there’s not really a very good way to know how those votes would disperse.  Do you think that if it was Buttigieg vs. Bernie 1 on 1 Buttigieg would win ? Or Klobuchar ?  I think it’s tough to say with confidence that they would.  

Yes,I agree. So what we have to work with are the numbers we have. It would be one thing if Bernie got 40-50 percent in a more crowded field, even if it wasn't a majority. He didn't though. Last I saw he got 26%. Yes got more votes than any other candidate, but 74% of the voters voted for someone other than him.

17 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Yes,I agree. So what we have to work with are the numbers we have. It would be one thing if Bernie got 40-50 percent in a more crowded field, even if it wasn't a majority. He didn't though. Last I saw he got 26%. Yes got more votes than any other candidate, but 74% of the voters voted for someone other than him.

Ok so what’s the point here lol ? Come on man, it’s not news that every single person who voted for him in ‘16 didn’t this time around.  It’s a disingenuous point.   That’s all I’m saying. 

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Ok so what’s the point here lol ? Come on man, it’s not news that every single person who voted for him in ‘16 didn’t this time around.  It’s a disingenuous point.   That’s all I’m saying. 

It's not disingenuous, it's just numbers.

3 hours ago, Lhalo said:

I would assume they throw their weight behind Buttigieg now (pun intended)? Super low turnout btw. 

The turnout  (with 96% counted)is at 262,940 vs 247,983 (with 100% counted) in 2016.  I cannot explain why the Iowa turnout was so much lower than 2016.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Also, Warren proved tonight that her candidacy is unviable.  She should drop out.  But apparently she won’t. 

Would a Sanders/Warren ticket be the "secret sauce" for the progressive wing of the Democratic Party?  Obviously not geographically balanced but this gender balanced ticket would help with Bernie's age issue (78 is old). 

16 minutes ago, LAAMike said:

The turnout  (with 96% counted)is at 262,940 vs 247,983 (with 100% counted) in 2016.  I cannot explain why the Iowa turnout was so much lower than 2016.

Ya I misheard the stat earlier. Looks like it was more than last year.

Who the hell knows what happened in Iowa though. That seemed like a total clusterf*ck. 

5 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

The Washington Post: Andrew Yang drops out of presidential race
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/andrew-yang-drops-out-of-presidential-race/2020/02/11/4fe2c97c-4c2c-11ea-9b5c-eac5b16dafaa_story.html

Sorry @Adam. I know you were a Yang Banger 

Yang was the most decent human running. Yang reminded me a bit of Herman Cain and his 9-9-9 plan. Catchy simple key policy for people to get behind. Yang Gang people are social media (aside from soliciting money all the time) are reasonable and cordial. 

10 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Ya I misheard the stat earlier. Looks like it was more than last year.

Who the hell knows what happened in Iowa though. That seemed like a total clusterf*ck. 

The caucus system needs to go,as does the the super delegate system. It should all be primaries.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Yang was the most decent human running. Yang reminded me a bit of Herman Cain and his 9-9-9 plan. Catchy simple key policy for people to get behind. Yang Gang people are social media (aside from soliciting money all the time) are reasonable and cordial. 

I'm sorry for your loss bro. At the very least Yang was entertaining. We will always have this:

Andrew Yang GIF by moodman

I think that Yang is an earnest and decent guy.  Like I’ve said before, I’m glad that he was in the race and I’m glad that he talked about the things he talked about.  Hopefully he remains a visible voice in progressive politics.  And despite the suspension of his campaign tonight I think hats off to him are appropriate. This is guy who basically came out of no where and ran a good campaign with an effective message. 

Edited by UndertheHalo