• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heyman on Trout, not good...

floplag

17 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Remember when Erstad couldn't wait to get back to North Dakota after the season for some ice fishing? 

what I do remember is that his only marriage lasted less than two years. perhaps if he wasn't dragging her to Siberia, Jr as he sat next to a stupid hole on a frozen lake, they would have made it to three. 

Heyman was just on WFAN and had nothing to say about Trout, but when asked about who the mystery team is that has been mentioned about Machado, he said, "remember when the Angels swooped in out of nowhere to grab Pujols" 

Translation= No chance we get Machado.

You know, its kinda funny how the guy that says something people dont like is a hack, yet someone noone has ever heard of says its BS and everyone buys it.  
Im not saying its real or not but come on, i think Heyman has a little more cred than some random on a message board.
Even if it is clickbait its based on more than random opinion.
Meh, we see what we want to see i guess 
I just would really like this to be over one way or another

39 minutes ago, floplag said:

You know, its kinda funny how the guy that says something people dont like is a hack, yet someone noone has ever heard of says its BS and everyone buys it.  
Im not saying its real or not but come on, i think Heyman has a little more cred than some random on a message board.

This was a tweet, and not even the main point of the tweet at that. If he actually had anything solid saying that a Trout extension was unlikely, you can bet your butt it would have been a story with a headline.

Heyman was complaining he fielded 15 robocalls yesterday trying to sell him everything from health care, credit cards and solar panels (he said he rents an apartment) and it was a new all time high. If I had his cell phone number that wouldn't scratch the surface, I'd be handing that number out to every handyman in his area and tell them to say Mike Trout gave me your number. 

7 hours ago, floplag said:

I knew this sounded familiar . . . 

On November 23, 2018 at 1:40 PM, floplag said:

Funny how every beat writer people disagree with is a hack though, isnt it?  
I get it they are filling time in a dead space, but that doesnt make it BS.
All im saying is that we dont know Mike personally, we dont know if it matters to him or not, there is no way we can know one way or the other so those that simply dismiss it arent really being on the level.  Hes gonna get paid either way and its becoming somewhat clear we cant afford much more based on the supposed budget so its no a huge leap to think this could easily go south for us as fans. 

On 1/15/2019 at 5:48 PM, beatlesrule said:

I edited my post. It's in regards to the budget. I'm still not sure why an extension is so important right now anyway. He's still under contract for 2 more years.

The two years are actually one. If Trout has one year left on his contract, even being one of the greatest of all time, the return would be way undervalued unless the acquiring team thinks it can sign him to an extension. There are several teams that would love to have Trout but are they willing to take a chance on signing him to an extension. I certainly would float the idea out to other clubs that Trout is available and see who is interested. 

It is becoming more apparent that the Angels chance to sign Trout to an extension is to show great improvement this season.

• 2 months later...
On January 15, 2019 at 4:20 PM, GrittyVeterans said:

I don't doubt that he likes it here and in a perfect world he would choose to remain an Angel. My point is he's not going to sign that lifetime deal until he sees the positive direction of the club become more tangible. 

So I see him waiting until at least next year at this time before signing a contract extension, and possibly into the 2020 season.

I know what has been stated by Fletcher and I understand it, but I still maintain that the Angels need to win some ballgames the next 2 years to convince him to remain an Angel. For a multitude of reasons (mostly stupid spending and ignoring the farm system from 2010-2015), they are bordering on one of the most pathetic runs with a generational player in sports history. He doesn't want to be the best player that never got a chance to go to the postseason on a regular basis.  In every interview he's ever given he's said "I just care about winning" or some variation of that. 

On January 15, 2019 at 4:08 PM, GrittyVeterans said:

Ive said since day one he's not going to sign an extension until this team shows they are making tangible steps towards improving (the W-L column). 

Why would he?

i agree 

On 1/15/2019 at 4:14 PM, Stradling said:

He likes it in Ca.  His wife likes it here.  He likes being an Angel.  He wants to spend his entire career with one team.  He likes the separation between work and personal life.  He is seeing the shit free agents are going through and will choose to make the most money in a contract ever without dealing with all of that.  Those are a few of the reasons that might play into consideration.  Are all of them accurate, I’ll let you decide.  I am just giving you an answer to your question.

I agree