• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heyman on Trout, not good...

floplag

Just now, fan_since79 said:

I am hopeful we'll be able to extend Trout, but if not, we'd better trade him before he hits free agency and get a boatload of players and prospects. Really good players and really good prospects.

My only thought for the front office is not to screw this up and get nothing while he moves elsewhere.

we should trade him at the 2020 deadline, get a shit ton of prospects, and then sign him as a free agent.  

Trout is not getting $400M - he might have if he hit FA at 26 selling max peak years but very doubtful when he's basically about to enter the wrong side of 30. Something that will also weigh in on GMs is If there is one weak point in his game it's his defense/arm which by around mid 30s could deteriorate to where he needs to move to LF which would hurt his value. 

He will get paid, probably break the AAV record at $35M but I'm guessing they would stop at around his age 36 season. That would be around a 8 year deal from the end of his current contract.

3 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Like I said, you have no idea that he doesn't want to test the market as soon as possible. You are basing your opinion solely on the assumption that he's fine staying here for at least an additional two seasons. 

Which sounds nice, but hasn't been confirmed to be true yet. He might still be deciding.

Without going into too much detail, I know for a fact Trout wants to stay here. And that both sides are in discussions for a mega contract.

That said, the last I asked about it was a months back. Maybe something has changed.

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

he's a market disruptor and a lot of rules go out the window for him.  you basically have to go above any market ceiling by a decent amount for the total number and then spread it out over an number of years.  In other words, you're paying him 400m .  Whether you spread that out over 10 years, 8 years, 12 years, whatever.  The longer you can spread it out, the better.  

I agree to a point. But I also think trout is worth more to the angels than any other team. 

I think most orgs wont be as forgiving for his decline than we would be. And by that point, say in 4 yeara, he very well may not be the best player in the game anymore.  

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Quick, give this man another shot of kool-aid

Put it like this. Four years ago, I vividly remember talking about trout with a few MLB players. I kept talking trout up, and the general consensus was that trout was a beast...but they would take MCab over him at the plate.

Think about how much that has changed in 4 years.

And at least one of the guys who told me that was an All Star around that time...who is no longer playing...

I believe Trout will stay in large part because Eppler is going to, and probably already somewhat has, made an outstanding impression on why the Angels are the best option. I wouldn’t be surprised if Eppler even shows Trout where his other suitors are at as organizations and projected to be at in the next decade compared to the Angels. He’s extremely thorough and the only way I think he leaves is if he does a Texieiera (pretty sure that’s how you spell it now) 

6 hours ago, azmancini said:

If the Angels mysteously sign Machado or Harper, we will know for sure this is true as I’m sure the Angels let Trout know that if he doesn’t sign an extension and intends to go free, they will spend that money on someone else, so don’t be offended that someone else is earning more than you.

i can guarantee you the liklihood of that being said or even conveyed by the angels to trout is somewhere below 0%.