• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heyman on Trout, not good...

floplag

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Huh? They can sign an extension any time.  Why could they not do an extension now??

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Why?

I edited my post. It's in regards to the budget. I'm still not sure why an extension is so important right now anyway. He's still under contract for 2 more years.

1 minute ago, m0nkey said:

Would we be outraged if there were whispers he was going to sign an extension?

Well when those whispers from a National guy go against the local beat writer who has immediate access to Eppler, yea, I would probably call him out.  But they won’t have whispers like that.  Negative sells.  

4 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I edited my post. It's in regards to the budget. I'm still not sure why an extension is so important right now anyway. He's still under contract for 2 more years.

Dont put off for tomorrow what you can do today.  Once the Harper and Machado numbers are known, it will be a bit easier to determine Trouts value.  And if Trout is interested in signing an extension he may want to do it right away to avoid the injury risk over the next 2 years.  And of course the Angels would like to lock it down for planning purposes.

15 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

The later the extension the stronger the likelihood he test the market.  Get it done this year!  If he turns it down trade him midyear.  The only thing worse than trading Trout is letting him walk for a draft pick.

3 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Ive said since day one he's not going to sign an extension until this team shows they are making tangible steps towards improving (the W-L column). 

Why would he?

He likes it in Ca.  His wife likes it here.  He likes being an Angel.  He wants to spend his entire career with one team.  He likes the separation between work and personal life.  He is seeing the shit free agents are going through and will choose to make the most money in a contract ever without dealing with all of that.  Those are a few of the reasons that might play into consideration.  Are all of them accurate, I’ll let you decide.  I am just giving you an answer to your question.

If the Angels offer Trout 10/$400M+, he'd be foolish not to accept it.

If Trout won't sign without an opt out after four years (which if I'm him, I wouldn't), the Angels would be foolish not to offer it.

Therefore we're probably going to see a contract of at least 10/$400M* with an opt out after 4 or 5 years.

*I suppose he might get something like 10/$375M with incentives that bring it up to over $400M, or maybe even something like 12/$450-500M. But assuming Machado gets 8-10/$250-300M and Harper gets 8-10/$275-330M, I think Trout gets around 10/$400M.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He likes it in Ca.  His wife likes it here.  He likes being an Angel.  He wants to spend his entire career with one team.  He likes the separation between work and personal life.  He is seeing the shit free agents are going through and will choose to make the most money in a contract ever without dealing with all of that.  Those are a few of the reasons that might play into consideration.  Are all of them accurate, I’ll let you decide.  I am just giving you an answer to your question.

I don't doubt that he likes it here and in a perfect world he would choose to remain an Angel. My point is he's not going to sign that lifetime deal until he sees the positive direction of the club become more tangible. 

So I see him waiting until at least next year at this time before signing a contract extension, and possibly into the 2020 season.

I know what has been stated by Fletcher and I understand it, but I still maintain that the Angels need to win some ballgames the next 2 years to convince him to remain an Angel. For a multitude of reasons (mostly stupid spending and ignoring the farm system from 2010-2015), they are bordering on one of the most pathetic runs with a generational player in sports history. He doesn't want to be the best player that never got a chance to go to the postseason on a regular basis.  In every interview he's ever given he's said "I just care about winning" or some variation of that. 

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

If the Angels offer Trout 10/$400M+, he'd be foolish not to accept it.

If Trout won't sign without an opt out after four years (which if I'm him, I wouldn't), the Angels would be foolish not to offer it.

Therefore we're probably going to see a contract of at least 10/$400M* with an opt out after 4 or 5 years.

*I suppose he might get something like 10/$375M with incentives that bring it up to over $400M, or maybe even something like 12/$450-500M. But assuming Machado gets 8-10/$250-300M and Harper gets 8-10/$275-330M, I think Trout gets around 10/$400M.

Disagree. He can get 10/400 from any team. He wouldn't be foolish to want to get his pick of where he plays. 

If he truly only wants to be an Angel, then it's a different story.

But it's not "foolish" for him to want to test the market