• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yelich deal. Missed Opportunity?

Dtwncbad

51 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

so you've learned to predict the future?  

let's use the Simmons example because we did exactly what you are talking about.  We gave up prospects for a good young player that actually got better.  

was that a smart move?  where were the corresponding other moves to complement that?  

You are sticking with your fictitious scenario and trying to force others to stick to your fictitious scenario yet if someone doesn't, you are telling people they don't get it.  

Because you think it seemed so obvious that Yelich was going to turn into an 8 WAR player in 2018, please make a list of the players available in trade that are going break out and put up 8 WAR seasons in 2019.  

Are you asking whether the Angels should consider trading for young star players with a ton of club control?  Of course.  And we have no idea if Billy made a solid offer for Yelich.  At the end of the day, it's not his choice.  The other team has to accept it.  

saying we should trade for X player because he's available and then make 'corresponding moves' is a fart in a stiff wind.  There are 29 other teams that wish they could have traded for Yelich.  Just like there are 23 other teams that wish they could have drafted Mike Trout.  

This is why message board will give you gray hair.

I never said it was obvious Yelich WOULD certainly become an 8 WAR player.  Can you at least attempt to not make things up?

And the second thin I put un bold because you agree with me.  Thank you.  That is all I am saying.  You say "Of course" but the whole reason I posted was it is not "of course" for a while population of fans that will never consider trading Adell because THEY are so sure they can predict he will be an 8 WAR player.

16 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/mlb/story.cfm/story/1915855

I'm not a gambler so I don't know how good a list this is, but Vegas Insider had Yelich at 200-1 to win the MVP heading into 2018. Breakouts like that don't happen often.

To put that in perspective, the Angels are 50-1 to win the World Series next year on the same website.

Nice.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

This is why message board will give you gray hair.

I never said it was obvious Yelich WOULD certainly become an 8 WAR player.  Can you at least attempt to not make things up?

And the second thin I put un bold because you agree with me.  Thank you.  That is all I am saying.  You say "Of course" but the whole reason I posted was it is not "of course" for a while population of fans that will never consider trading Adell because THEY are so sure they can predict he will be an 8 WAR player.

who said they are SURE Adell WOULD become an 8 WAR player? 

EDIT: just read the entire thread again and got my answer: NOBODY.

16 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Ok. Tell me who is going to be the MVP next year

16 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yelich.  Wow are you behind.

16 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

In 2019?

ok

16 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Hard to envision?

5 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It’s not hard to envision him being good again. It is hard to envision him winning the MVP. There’s only one MVP. 

4 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Are we discussing whether or not Yelich was the kind of player that was worth pursuing (26 yr old 4WAR player with upside) or are we now trying to pretend any amount of any part of this has to do with predicting who will actually win the MVP?

This is the circus side show that far too often contaminates discussions on message boards.

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

On 12/8/2018 at 8:53 AM, Dtwncbad said:

The Brewers traded away some top prospects for Yelich, but it is almost impossible to view the deal as anything more than a solid win for Milwaukee.

https://reviewingthebrew.com/2018/09/08/milwaukee-brewers-prospects-yelich-trade/

Was it a mistake to not go get this guy?

What is your interest in pursuing Realmuto?

And I still cant believe the Marlins had Yelich, Ozuna, Stanton and Realmuto and concluded they needed to rebuild.  Four stud young players with years of control.

this was your original post.  it was all about Yelich as if you knew what he was going to be, as if you knew that we didn't try to get him and as if you knew the marlins would have accepted something had we offered it.  You made the discussion about Yelich as a missed opportunity and then you changed it mid thread.  I feel like I'm having an argument with my high school girlfriend.  

I don't have any more interest in arguing with people who are either trolling, or being deliberately dishonest, or are addicted to telling ME what MY own words mean or meant, or who lack the discipline to just have a normal conversation.

Sometimes this board is fun and sometimes people are just dishonest a-holes.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

this was your original post.  it was all about Yelich as if you knew what he was going to be, as if you knew that we didn't try to get him and as if you knew the marlins would have accepted something had we offered it.  You made the discussion about Yelich as a missed opportunity and then you changed it mid thread.  I feel like I'm having an argument with my high school girlfriend.  

I don't have to re-read my own post to know what the intention or message was.

1). Damn Yelich turned out good.  Worth it for the Brewers.

2)  is Realmuto worth chasing?

3). The Marlins decision to rebuild was stupid.

But by all means spin the words into something else.

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Yelich was a missed opportunity for the Dodgers, who legitimately had a chance to get him.  The Angels never realistically had a shot at him.  

Doyer fail. 

You are right.  And we also don't REALLY know how any Angel prospects were viewed by the Marlins.  No, the GMs don't just pull up baseball America top 100 lists as many seem to believe.

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Pretty good chance that Eppler checked in man. 

Never said he didn't.  Yet lots of fans are convinced there was no way there could have been any meanulingful discussion since Adell wasn't ranked high enough on some list they they read.  And now they read the same list and see Adell ranked way higher and shit their pants over even entertaining the idea of trading him.

33 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don't have any more interest in arguing with people who are either trolling, or being deliberately dishonest, or are addicted to telling ME what MY own words mean or meant, or who lack the discipline to just have a normal conversation.

Sometimes this board is fun and sometimes people are just dishonest a-holes.

I agree 

". . . population of fans that will never consider trading Adell because THEY are so sure they can predict he will be an 8 WAR player."

31 minutes ago, Lou said:

I agree 

". . . population of fans that will never consider trading Adell because THEY are so sure they can predict he will be an 8 WAR player."

Sarcasm to make a point, Lou.  And the context was I was responding to someone accusing me of predicting Yelich woued be an 8 WAR.

And I don't believe for a second you thought otherwise.  So you are being dishonest.