• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New York Yankees butthurt thread

Chuck

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Andujar had a good season, but he was terrible defensively, and his overall OPS+ was less than Ohtani's, his WAR was less than Ohtani as an offensive player (and that's with the bigger negative positional adjustment given to DH's).

IOW,  Andujar would’ve been more valuable with no defense (at DH) than butchering 3B all season. That’s pretty bad considering how much value DH’s get penalized for on WAR - to be worse...is some pretty awful defense. 

MLB history is littered with examples of guys having a good rookie season and a mediocre or worse career.  I'd bet it all that Ohtani has a better second year and career than Andujar.

I would not be surprised at all if Andujar loses his starting spot next year. 

I think we're being a bit low on Andujar.  The kid hit over .290 with 47! doubles and 27 HR's.  Those are the positives. The negatives are he didn't it by playing in a home park and division that inflates his numbers, showed no ability to reach base other than a hit, can't run and is one of the worst defensive 3B I or anyone else has ever seen.  Seriously, Will Myers, playing there for the first time in his career was better than Miguel Andujar.  A 250 lb. 30 year old Miguel Cabrera was better than Andjuar.

As a player, you take him out of the AL East and he's useless.  He probably hits .270 and 20 HR's, but as a DH only, which ironically is a vast improvement over Albert.

But next year, I think Andujar has a few things going for him.  He'll probably improve from being historically bad defensively at 3B to just bad.  He'll still be playing int he AL East, he'll still be playing in Yankee Stadium, and while his luck on batted balls will likely not sustain itself, he did show one thing this year, he can hit with some authority.  

Next year, he'll probably hit .280/.310 with 40 DB and 25 HR.

He's not as good of a hitter as Ohtani is.  In fact I'd argue that he's nowhere near as good.  But I won't elevate the argument for Ohtani by devaluing Andujar.  I'm not sure I'd use the word "good" to describe him, but he isn't a bad player. I like Torres a lot more. 

I can’t get over all of the “Sux fan here, Underwear was robbed” comments everywhere

you know you’ve thrown major butthurt into the northeast when Sux and Skanks unite. It’s absoluteky delicious!

I also love all the “mlb showing their favoritism” coming from Skanks fans....how does it taste you cranky aholes?!?!

49 minutes ago, Lou said:

Andujar splits:

Home  .913 OPS  16 HR

Road:  .799 OPS   11 HR

And I think that tells a lot of the story. Even playing 60 out of his 80 away games in hitter friendly parks (assuming full season), Andujar was still merely decent. If he hit the same on the road as he did in NY and wasn't such a butcher at 3B, and showed more plate discipline, then I think Yankee fans would have something to whine about. 

But put Shohei Ohtani in Yankee Stadium and the AL East, and the sheer carnage his bat would've caused would have been absurd. Yankee fans wouldn't give two F's about Miguel Andujar. And vice versa, put Adjujar on the Angels last season and the AL West and he hits .270 and 20 HR's with crap defense at 3B. No one in So-Cal would care about him in comparison to Ohtani. 

As it stands at its most basic level, the most unique baseball player maybe ever, just outperformed a decent rookie. That simple.

2 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Yup - we'd all be stoked if we developed a 3B that performed like that as a rookie. I know he sucked defensively, but to say he can't improve at his age is kind of silly to me.

saying he sucked defensively is an understatement. he was historically bad. 

if he improves, he'll suck defensively.