• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Caravan(s)

2 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I'm sure their time would be much more productive in Japan or South Korea.

Also what @Lou said.

When I was in the military the time we were given to be home with our families was very valuable.  Taking us away from that for a shit show like this would be demoralizing.

13 minutes ago, Lou said:

so these troops would be sitting at home with their families ?

Yes.  That is what happens when not deployed.  You get to spend time at your home base and for those that are married close with their family.  Holidays are coming up.

3 hours ago, Lou said:

so these troops would be sitting at home with their families ?

They also don’t necessarily live on base.  Active duty guys with families can live off base.  They get a family credit for housing and stuff. 

Anyway, they signed up for it.  They’re at mercy of the commander and chief.  Unfortunate if they’re left there through the holidays.  It’s pointless. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

18 hours ago, Taylor said:

Is there anyone here who thinks the soldiers being deployed was anything other than political theater to rally the base for midterms?

No, that is what's going on. I've felt, for a long time, that using them for border security is better than being over seas. I'm not bent out of shape over this

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I agree that them being pointlessly deployed at the border is preferable to them being pointlessly deployed overseas. It's unfortunate that those are the only two possible scenarios for US soldiers.

Thank you. Same here.

32 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I agree that them being pointlessly deployed at the border is preferable to them being pointlessly deployed overseas. It's unfortunate that those are the only two possible scenarios for US soldiers.

Or they could not be deployed at all.