• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Caravan(s)

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Do you imagine that leaving them at their barracks would have cost more then the spontaneous deployment ? 

I don’t get the objection to this.  The party of fiscal responsibility crying about government waste.  Blows hundreds of millions of dollars on a political stunt.  Which is exactly what this is.  They get called on it.  And suddenly this unfairness to Trump ?

surprised to see you take that position Tank. 

I guess I wonder what would be a better use of our military other than protecting the border.   I certainly am tired of the troops being anywhere but here.

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I guess I wonder what would be a better use of our military other than protecting the border.   I certainly am tired of the troops being anywhere but here.

But we’re not talking about some realignment of military deployments.  These guys aren’t being garrisoned on the border.  They’re being rapidly deployed because of an imaginary national security crisis.  Which costs a lot of money.  

I agree that we should bring most of our over seas troops home.  But that’s not what this is.  I don’t understand why you’ve decided to frame it that way. 

I don’t really care about troops being put on the border.  If that’s what they want to do - whatever.  I don’t give a shit if it’s the military or the border patrol handling that.  Though I suspect that if you asked military planners.  They’d prefer that border enforcement not be assigned to the military. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

But we’re not talking about some realignment of military deployments.  These guys aren’t being garrisoned on the border.  They’re being rapidly deployed because of an imaginary national security crisis.  Which costs a lot of money.  

I agree that we should bring most of our over seas troops home.  But that’s not what this is.  I don’t understand why you’ve decided to frame it that way. 

I don’t really care about troops being put on the border.  If that’s what they want to do - whatever.  I don’t give a shit if it’s the military or the border patrol handling that.  Though I suspect that if you asked military planners.  They’d prefer that border enforcement not be assigned to the military. 

you're previous paragraphs sure seem to indicate otherwise 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

you're previous paragraphs sure seem to indicate otherwise 

Why ? I’m not sure why you’re misunderstanding me.  It’s two separate things. 

A: what’s wrong with criticizing the GOP about their hypocrisy on this ? It is a massive waste of money.  They’re the ones that cast themselves that way.  Of course as always that proves to bullshit.  It’s always like that.  Ad naseum.  

B: if the idea is that the military should be responsible for border enforcement and we want to garrison troops along it.  Fine.  I don’t care. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Why ? I’m not sure why you’re misunderstanding me.  It’s two separate things. 

A: what’s wrong with criticizing the GOP about their hypocrisy on this ? It is a massive waste of money.  They’re the ones that cast themselves that way.  Of course as always that proves to bullshit.  It’s always like that.  Ad naseum.  

B: if the idea is that the military should be responsible for border enforcement and we want to garrison troops along it.  Fine.  I don’t care. 

GOP hasn't been about limited spending in decades.

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

so your only concern is money?

I don’t understand your angle here.  Actually that’s not true.  I know what you’re doing.  Anyway, I said.  Quite plainly. That  I thought they deserved to be called out for their hypocrisy.  I also said that this entire bullshit caravan thing is political stunt.  There is no security crisis that requires the military to deploy to the border.  Do I think we should avoid wasting money.  Yes.  I would think that’s something we would agree on.  But that’s not my only issue here. I have a problem with the dishonest narrative, there’s a lot there.  That they’re going to bring disease, that they’re substantially dangerous.  That there’s terrorist cells among them. Etc.  I find all of that gross and distasteful.  I have a problem with the president claiming that he will instruct our military to treat people throwing rocks as the same kind of threat as armed fighters. 

And again.  I don’t know how many times I’ve said it.  I don’t believe that they should be able to enter the country in this way. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t understand your angle here.  Actually that’s not true.  I know what you’re doing.  Anyway, I said.  Quite plainly. That  I thought they deserved to be called out for their hypocrisy.  I also said that this entire bullshit caravan thing is political stunt.  There is no security crisis that requires the military to deploy to the border.  Do I think we should avoid wasting money.  Yes.  I would think that’s something we would agree on 

what angle? I just didn't get you saying you didn't care after stating:"But we’re not talking about some realignment of military deployments.  These guys aren’t being garrisoned on the border.  They’re being rapidly deployed because of an imaginary national security crisis"

11 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Do you believe these groups actually care about their platforms?

Sure I think that some of them do.  Show me a Democrat that acts to oppose healthcare for all.  And I will be against them.  Show me one that is against environmental protections and I will be against them.  Etc.  Do they exist, of course they do.  I don’t support all Democrats.  

I can respect positions that conservatives have that I disagree with.  I respect a guy like John Kasich tremendously.   But, imo.  Particularly in this moment.  Most republicans have utterly abandoned their supposed principles.  More then that, I think they’re indecent.  I think that all of that should be mocked and I have zero respect for them.  I think the conservative tent in America is insanely poisoned by scum like Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, Devin Nunes, Trey Gowdy, Dana Rohbacber.  I could go on and on.  These people, their tactics for the last 30 years.  They have allowed conditions that brought us Trump and his troop of grifter shit bags that have seize control of this country.  I appreciate that you see equivalence.  I do not.   

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Sure I think that some of them do.  Show me a Democrat that acts to oppose healthcare for all.  And I will be against them.  Show me one that is against environmental protections and I will be against them.  Etc.  Do they exist, of course they do.  I don’t support all Democrats.  

I can respect positions that conservatives have that I disagree with.  I respect a guy like John Kasich tremendously.   But, imo.  Particularly in this moment.  Most republicans have utterly abandoned their supposed principles.  More then that, I think they’re indecent.  I think that all of that should be mocked and I have zero respect for them.  I think the conservative tent in America is insanely poisoned by scum like Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, Devin Nunes, Trey Gowdy, Dana Rohbacber.  These people allowed Trump and his troop of grifter shit bags to seize control of this country I could go on and on and on.  I appreciate that you see equivalence.  I do not.   

Of course you don't.  Go team.

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

what angle? I just didn't get you saying you didn't care after stating:"But we’re not talking about some realignment of military deployments.  These guys aren’t being garrisoned on the border.  They’re being rapidly deployed because of an imaginary national security crisis"

Im not sure what you don’t understand.  If I’ve clarified myself.  Good, if not. Sorry that I have failed to articulate myself. 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

which scum have poisoned the liberal tent in America?

There’s plenty of them that I don’t care for.  I don’t like Gavin Newsom much.  I dislike Keith Ellison intensely.  I’ve come to really dislike Elizabeth Warren.  But like i said.  I don’t think the scale of the corrosiveness is nearly the same. 

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

There’s plenty of them that I don’t care for.  I don’t like Gavin Newsom much.  I dislike Keith Ellison intensely.  I’ve come to really dislike Elizabeth Warren.  But like i said.  I don’t think the scale of the corrosiveness is nearly the same. 

Come on man, Pelosi?  Reid?  

How about Feinstein who cares so much about women that she held on to the Ford report to get at Kavanugh instead of putting it out there right away.  How about Booker who pretended he was taking a stand when he wasn't?

i am incredibly amazed at how people can't see their own flaws.

16 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Come on man, Pelosi?  Reid?  

How about Feinstein who cares so much about women that she held on to the Ford report to get at Kavanugh instead of putting it out there right away.  How about Booker who pretended he was taking a stand when he wasn't?

i am incredibly amazed at how people can't see their own flaws.

Please, tell me all about how Nancy Pelosi has spent the last 30 years tacitly endorsing false conspiracy theories.  Please tell me about how Harry Reid broke the functioning of the government.  Mitch McConnell has set a course for the destruction of the republic. 

When I have I ever said that Democrats aren’t flawed ? Politicians are sleezy.  Democrats do and have done scummy things.  They haven’t brought “dark money” they haven’t actively worked to disenfranchise voters on a large scale.  They simply aren’t insidious in the same ways.  Republicans are the ones that have introduced this concept of facts aren’t facts or they’ve massively utilized it.  Republicans are the ones that are in bed with white supremecists.  

You’re entitled to your opinion.  I’m entitled to mine. 

And these aren’t my flaws.  And I’ll thank you to not accuse me of them. 

Edited by UndertheHalo