• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Caravan(s)

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

They've got to dot their constitutional i's and cross their t's before they involve the military. There's a good chance the House will return to Dem control next week and you can bet Pelosi will be looking for any excuse to inpeach the president. 

I actually think impeachment is a fairly stupid political play especially before Mueller completes his thing.  If the Dems do well next week.  I think what we’ll see is a massive number of congressional investigations to make Trump look as shitty as possible going into 2020. 

What happens if Mueller has dug something up ?  I have no idea.  Pandemonium I guess. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

15 hours ago, Rico said:

Not true.  Here is the law.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1158

An interesting subsection of 8 U.S. Code § 1158 (b)(2) states the following:

(C)Additional limitations

The Attorney General may by regulation establish additional limitations and conditions, consistent with this section, under which an alien shall be ineligible for asylum under paragraph (1).

(D)No judicial review

There shall be no judicial review of a determination of the Attorney General under subparagraph (A)(v).

That gives the Attorney General a lot of power on deciding who can claim asylum. 

11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I actually think impeachment is a fairly stupid political play especially before Mueller completes his thing.  If the Dems do well next week.  I think what we’ll see is a massive number of congressional investigations to make Trump look as shitty as possible going into 2020

What happens if Mueller has dug something up ?  I have no idea.  Pandemonium I guess. 

How is that even possible?  He does a good enough job with his Twitter account.

11 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

They've got to dot their constitutional i's and cross their t's before they involve the military. There's a good chance the House will return to Dem control next week and you can bet Pelosi will be looking for any excuse to inpeach the president. 

So if the Dems get control of the house.  They will be trying to overthrow 2 branches of government.  The Executive and Judicial.  Sounds like a coup to me.

17 hours ago, Rico said:

Not true.  Here is the law.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1158

The asylum rules have clearly define criteria for what qualifies and dictate the for the person to qualify as a refugee they must be under persecution from their government.  Seeking a better life, does not qualify.  Additionally there are limits.  This mob in and of itself would violate the limits imposed for 2018 by double.  Get in line, do it right, you have my full support, sneaking in the back door, abusing the process, nope, not a chance.

Look at the film, how many women and children do you actually see?  10% maybe?  the rest are all able bodied men.  The implication that these are all somehow refugees is laughable.  Even if it was true in the beginning, the caravan doubling in size after leaving its source... is every nation in Central and Latin America somehow under assault from its government?  Bull-freaking-Shiz. 

These mobs are financed, fed, and organized... there are even trucks transporting them, how does that happen with destitute people?  

Whoever made the point about the flags was dead right, its very telling to see people "fleeing" a country while still waiving its flag. 

I do love the whole "migration is a right" comment though... that translates roughly to "get these people out of my country as fast as possible and let the US deal with it.

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

This caravan means business.

Get ready, America, to welcome your new citizens!

1540758611_449252_1540758821_noticia_nor

30t1h1v.jpg%22;

Yeah, still not seeing those women and children im supposed to be crying for... hevent yet in a single group shot of the mob.
This cant be allowed, period.  Even if it was 100% legit, which i dont buy for a hot second, if this is allowed we will see this every other week.

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Yeah, still not seeing those women and children im supposed to be crying for... hevent yet in a single group shot of the mob.
This cant be allowed, period.  Even if it was 100% legit, which i dont buy for a hot second, if this is allowed we will see this every other week.

Pregnant women and young children will no doubt be front and center when they finally get here, surrounded by CNN camera crews and ACLU lawyers. The optics are everything here.

Edited by fan_since79

27 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Pregnant women and young children will no doubt be front and center when they finally get here, surrounded by CNN camera crews and ACLU lawyers. The optics are everything here.

Having them show up at the last minute, no doubt flown in for the ceremonies, doesn't change the fact that there are non visible in the caravan itself.  Those who would be fooled by this are literally just believing what they  want to believe.
If i truly thought for even a second that this was a humanitarian thing, i would have a different take, but i dont.  I cant see how anyone can be that naive.  Its political, its organized by those with political agendas, and its nonsense to refer to it as a refugee caravan, maybe 5-10% of them are even remotely qualified to make that claim at best. 

13 minutes ago, floplag said:

Those who would be fooled by this are literally just believing what they  want to believe.

No one is going to pay attention to the demographics until they are on the doorstep and getting a blitz of news coverage. That will be the politics of immigration as shown to you by the networks, to hit you emotionally with images out of context with truth. And having no previuos knowledge makes the task easier to sell one point of view. 

47 minutes ago, Blarg said:

No one is going to pay attention to the demographics until they are on the doorstep and getting a blitz of news coverage. That will be the politics of immigration as shown to you by the networks, to hit you emotionally with images out of context with truth. And having no previuos knowledge makes the task easier to sell one point of view. 

Perhaps true, but that doesn't make it irrelevant.  These are not families in desperate need, they are able bodied men that should be marching on their own capitals and trying to enact change.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

1540758611_449252_1540758821_noticia_nor

The one guy with the orange shirt wrapped over his head looks like he is trying to sneak aboard a life boat on the Titanic.

The good news is that they will all fit in with Antifa well, so thats a plus.   Might need a little training on how to properly use the weapons as that one guy looks like he about to stab his own face... but they seem motivated.  

2 hours ago, floplag said:

Perhaps true, but that doesn't make it irrelevant.  These are not families in desperate need, they are able bodied men that should be marching on their own capitals and trying to enact change.

Agreed, but Trump has very clearly orchestrated the caravans to drive GOP voters to the polls as they fear the caravans and so that he can exercise a solid power grab at the border in response to his fabricated invasion crisis.