• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Decision on Next Manager

Dtwncbad

I have said before that I'm not a big fan of Ausmus.I would rather not have a retread manager.The one thing that sticks out for me is I remember reading  an article that said he sticks with slumping veterans too long, that's kind of a red flag.I have no doubt he is a class guy but after 19 years a completely different approach would be nice.I look at what the hiring of Sean McVay has done for the Rams.I have faith in Billy Eppler and if he picks Ausmus so be it, he knows more than me.

35 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You could argue that Ausmus isn't really a retread since he only managed 4 seasons and he has been out of the dugout learning other things for some time now.

You could argue that but you would be wrong, look up the definition of retread.Learning other things for some time? It's barely been a year since his contract wasn't renewed.His 64-98 2017 record speaks for itself, along with his .000 playoff winning percentage and sub .500 regular season record.If those aren't the numbers of a retread I don't know what is.

4 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I have said before that I'm not a big fan of Ausmus.I would rather not have a retread manager.The one thing that sticks out for me is I remember reading  an article that said he sticks with slumping veterans too long, that's kind of a red flag.I have no doubt he is a class guy but after 19 years a completely different approach would be nice.I look at what the hiring of Sean McVay has done for the Rams.I have faith in Billy Eppler and if he picks Ausmus so be it, he knows more than me.

Football coaches and Baseball managers are two completely different things. It is like comparing 2019 Ferrari to a slice of pizza. 

3 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Football coaches and Baseball managers are two completely different things. It is like comparing 2019 Ferrari to a slice of pizza. 

I wasn't comparing football coaches and baseball managers. I was talking about out-of-the-box thinking about hiring the youngest coach in the NFL not a retread. You need to be more like Barrett, that guy has some good input.

19 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I wasn't comparing football coaches and baseball managers. I was talking about out-of-the-box thinking about hiring the youngest coach in the NFL not a retread. You need to be more like Barrett, that guy has some good input.

Hmmm, out if the box thinking. . .

How about hire Lady Gaga?

45 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

lol 

6 hours ago, Kevinb said:

They both contain greasy things.

They both arrive in a container to maintain freshness.

They both are generally red in color.

The comparison could work.

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

AJ Hinch is a retread....

Yes he is and I am not saying all retread managers are bad or should never be hired. I would just like to see a new approach , my problem is I have no idea who that is.I think Eppler has done a great job so far so I have no doubt he will make the right hire.

6 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

McVay wasn’t an out of the box thinking though. He was highly regarded. Also I agree Barrett is much more level headed. Out of the box thinking would be hiring ARod

56 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I think so. He was never a manager before. I don't agree with the thinking. But saying McVay was out of the box he wasn't.

I'm sorry that statement upset you so much. Instead of out of the box I should have said forward-thinking that way your panties wouldn't be in such a bunch

50 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I'm sorry that statement upset you so much. Instead of out of the box I should have said forward-thinking that way your panties wouldn't be in such a bunch

Doesn't upset me at all just inaccurate. I wouldn't say forward thinking either. Baseball and Football are two different things. Football you are doing different plays, different sets, etc etc. Baseball what would be forward thinking? More shifts? Benching Pujols? Out of the box thinking isn't really what is going on in baseball. How about our players stop getting injured and who ever the manager is will win more games. 

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Doesn't upset me at all just inaccurate. I wouldn't say forward thinking either. Baseball and Football are two different things. Football you are doing different plays, different sets, etc etc. Baseball what would be forward thinking? More shifts? Benching Pujols? Out of the box thinking isn't really what is going on in baseball. How about our players stop getting injured and who ever the manager is will win more games. 

Is out-of-the-box thinking doing something that's never been done before if that's the case he's the youngest head coach in NFL history so it has never been done before. You say it's inaccurate but only according to you you don't know, you think you know but you don't know. In that case it's just your opinion and as they say opinions are like assholes everybody has one and they all stink.

4 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Is out-of-the-box thinking doing something that's never been done before if that's the case he's the youngest head coach in NFL history so it has never been done before. You say it's inaccurate but only according to you you don't know, you think you know but you don't know. In that case it's just your opinion and as they say opinions are like assholes everybody has one and they all stink.

I guess but I think we are differing on what you define out of the box thinking. It isn't like the NFL has never hired a young coach before. Kiffin was 31 McDaniels was 32 and Gruden was 34. When I hear out of the box thinking I think of what the Brown did in hiring Dipodesta or what the Sixers were able to accomplish with their out of the box thinking GM. With baseball I just don't think the sport lends itself to out of box thinking in terms of a manager. But maybe I am wrong there could be someone out there that would be different and innovative as a manager. At least all the stuff that has been talked about hear and we read about is that the GM and scouting departments etc are the ones who are calling most of the shots and the manager is mostly about trying to keep a cohesive unit together through the long grueling season. I am all for innovation though here's hoping the Angels can find a manager with that kind of brain. Also no reason to be angry we just differ on the terminology.