• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official "Official 2018 World Series Thread"

m0nkey

Thanks a lot A's.  Now we have to endure at least a week of the slobbering media coverage surrounding a Skanks/Sux series.  Watching players stare and bat flip on hits that don't even get out of those two little bandboxes of stadiums that reek of Aqua Velva and stale nachos. Force feeding us all the tired crap about the history, rivalry and how everyone in America will be focused on it, none of the other series have any meaning.  Like it is the World Series itself and we should just crown the winner of the series as the World Champs.  Barf.  I wonder how many times Joe Buck says "electric" during the series, over/under?  I'll have to take your word on it, as I plan on avoiding every game of that series completely.  It makes me ill.  

6 minutes ago, Biergott said:

Thanks a lot A's.  Now we have to endure at least a week of the slobbering media coverage surrounding a Skanks/Sux series.  Watching players stare and bat flip on hits that don't even get out of those two little bandboxes of stadiums that reek of Aqua Velva and stale nachos. Force feeding us all the tired crap about the history, rivalry and how everyone in America will be focused on it, none of the other series have any meaning.  Like it is the World Series itself and we should just crown the winner of the series as the World Champs.  Barf.  I wonder how many times Joe Buck says "electric" during the series, over/under?  I'll have to take your word on it, as I plan on avoiding every game of that series completely.  It makes me ill.  

The upside is that one of them will be eliminated. Imagine a Sux/Skanks ALCS. 

1 minute ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

The upside is that one of them will be eliminated. Imagine a Sux/Skanks ALCS. 

But one of them will win...

I'd hate to say it, I'd rather watch the Doyers series, because at least whoever they play against won't cause me severe diarrhea to root for.

30 minutes ago, Biergott said:

Overs/unders on length of the 9 inning games?    FOUR hours sounds about right. 

It would definitely be rough to have to see Houston repeat. But realistically they have the best chance of knocking off Boston or the Yankees so I’ll have to root for them I guess in the AL. Or root against the Yanks/Sux, however you want to look at it. 

Also, if it does come to it, that would be pretty sweet to see the Dogs get dejected in the WS again by Houston.

Btw, is this not a cakewalk for the Dogs to the WS with the teams left in the NL? Oh I hope I’m wrong. 

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Why do I care how much attention baseball gets?

Because the more attention baseball gets, the more attention trout gets. And the more attention trout gets, the more attention youll get from the ladies if you were lucky enough to get one of these badass shirts like this playa!

mlbf_2257521683_th_45.jpg

3 hours ago, red321 said:

While I'm not a big fan of the using bullpen games in the postseason, I'm not sure the issue was bullpen game as much as how they did it. The idea being you use your best pitchers in high leverage situations. You never would have seen their "opener" pitch in a tie game late in the innings with the top of the lineup scheduled to hit so why start out the game with one of your worst options and risk putting yourself in a hole.

because instead of needing one pitcher to get you through 5-7 innings, you are asking 4 or 5. what are the odds that all of are successful in a game like that's? 

it just amazes me that they don't have a single starter on the entire roster that they trust to pitch in the most important game of the year. 

1 hour ago, Angelsfirst said:

It would definitely be rough to have to see Houston repeat. But realistically they have the best chance of knocking off Boston or the Yankees so I’ll have to root for them I guess in the AL. Or root against the Yanks/Sux, however you want to look at it. 

Also, if it does come to it, that would be pretty sweet to see the Dogs get dejected in the WS again by Houston.

Btw, is this not a cakewalk for the Dogs to the WS with the teams left in the NL? Oh I hope I’m wrong. 

I dont have a problem with houston repeating. Yeah, they should be viewed as our rival, but theyre so out in front of us right now, its not like theres bad blood. Plus theres a lot to like with that team. No real bad guys (unless youre asian).

I used to dislike verlander in detroit. But i also know he gets to say kate uptons butt crack, so out if respect, i cant dislike him.

As far as the dodgers, it would seem that way. But as Lou says, dodgers need a closer. And i think the brewers might surprise the hell out of some people. I hope they do at least.

Kate uptons butt crack.

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I dont have a problem with houston repeating. Yeah, they should be viewed as our rival, but theyre so out in front of us right now, its not like theres bad blood. Plus theres a lot to like with that team. No real bad guys (unless youre asian).

I used to dislike verlander in detroit. But i also know he gets to say kate uptons butt crack, so out if respect, i cant dislike him.

As far as the dodgers, it would seem that way. But as Lou says, dodgers need a closer. And i think the brewers might surprise the hell out of some people. I hope they do at least.

Kate uptons butt crack.

I agree 

A's may have set a record for win or go home futility but you gotta give them props for battling the way they did.   The fact they made it as far as they did with the SP injuries they suffered is kinda miraculous. 

It's going to be interesting to see how they go about remaking that staff this winter.  Cahill, Anderson and Edward Jackson are all FAs -- Anderson is always an injury risk so he may not find as many takers, but the other two may be able to turn their success in 2018 into better deals from other teams.

56 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Kate uptons butt crack.

I agree about Houston’s roster, no real bad guys it seems. I’m big fan of Altuve and Bregman’s games. Also, have to admit Verlander grew on me as well over the years, and not just because of Kate, although that is impressive. Seems like a solid guy.

I hope Lou’s right about the Dodgers pen and one of those teams surprises us. 

1 hour ago, Angelsfirst said:

I agree about Houston’s roster, no real bad guys it seems. I’m big fan of Altuve and Bregman’s games. Also, have to admit Verlander grew on me as well over the years, and not just because of Kate, although that is impressive. Seems like a solid guy.

I hope Lou’s right about the Dodgers pen and one of those teams surprises us. 

No real bad guys, so a guy who is suspended 75 games for domestic violence is not a "bad guy"

Just now, Angelsfirst said:

Yelich with a two run blast. 2-0 Milwaukee 

Managers keep pitching to Yelich who is as hot as anyone I've seen in over a half century of following baseball. Maddon did it and he's watching baseball on tv, along with Gardenhire and many others. I can't believe they keep pitching to the guy.

Unbelievable.  

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

Managers keep pitching to Yelich who is as hot as anyone I've seen in over a half century of following baseball. Maddon did it and he's watching baseball on tv, along with Gardenhire and many others. I can't believe they keep pitching to the guy.

Unbelievable.  

Managers don't matter.  It has been established over and over on this board.

They make a difference, good or bad, in maybe a couple of games a season.  

You just happened to be watching one of the two or three a season that they make a difference.