• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official "Official 2018 World Series Thread"

m0nkey

41 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Can't wait to read this thread throughout the playoffs, where every manager move gets dissected.  

I have my quotes ready for all the posters who, while bending over backwards to defend Sosh, wrote that managers don't matter.

You realize that most of the comments here are a direct response to the people who blamed Sosh for everything right?  Essentially, a tit for tat.    While I'm sure some may be guilty of hypocrisy, I'm assuming for most it's an attempt to remind people of past criticisms and to hammer home on idea that the managers actually don't make that big of a difference .... that they all do the same shit.

Players win games, when they come through the manager is a genius, when they don't he's a moron.

23 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You realize that most of the comments here are a direct response to the people who blamed Sosh for everything right?  Essentially, a tit for tat.    While I'm sure some may be guilty of hypocrisy, I'm assuming for most it's an attempt to remind people of past criticisms and to hammer home on idea that the managers actually don't make that big of a difference .... that they all do the same shit.

Players win games, when they come through the manager is a genius, when they don't he's a moron.

Could it be argued that the analytics have some bearing on wins and losses in today’s game 

3 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Could it be argued that the analytics have some bearing on wins and losses in today’s game 

Has a huge factor into roster construction imo... But math is math, and if a team were simply to make in game decisions based on analytics then doesn't that hammer home the idea that the manager doesn't matter?

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Has a huge factor into roster construction imo... But math is math, and if a team were simply to make in game decisions based on analytics then doesn't that hammer home the idea that the manager doesn't matter?

It does diminish his value somewhat. Analytics comes into play every pitch. 

I just have to say that post season baseball is always entertaining.  I love the "stories" that unfold and the human interest part of it all. 

But...

It absolutely sucks to not be watching the Angels in the post season.  Being relegated to cheer against the likes of the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, etc. is just not the best case scenario.