• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question re: Ohtani

stormngt

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Wow, you really don't know anything about Babe Ruth. 

1919 Ruth went 9-5 with a 2.97 era in 17 games. 

He batted 322/.456/.657/1.114 with 29 home runs with 113 RBI. 

Only 7 stolen bases but he was never caught stealing. 

Uh...my parameters were 10 stolen bases.  Ruth stole 17 in 1920 but only had one win as a pitcher 

I do know about Babe Ruth.  When did 7 become greater than 10?

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

The answer is almost certainly no. But those are pretty unfair parameters in that very few players played enough on both sides to have 20 HR/10 SB and even just 4 wins.

You'd need to find a hitter who through a fluke emergency pitched enough to get those wins. 

Dont disagree, but the media says Ohtani is first player since babe ruth to win 4 games and hit 19 hrs.  I just was thinking about his stolen bases as well.

12 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Uh...my parameters were 10 stolen bases.  Ruth stole 17 in 1920 but only had one win as a pitcher 

Uh, Ruth hit 29 home runs, was never caught stealing, pitched more games, had a lower ERA, drove in more runners. He led the league in runs, home runs, rbi, OBP, slugging %, OPS, OPS+ and total bases. 

What I'm stating is your three more stolen bases are crap stats that people pull out of their ass to try and make the insignificant somehow important. 

Ohtani is having a great year but he is not leading the league in any catagorey. He is not having Ruth's 1919 season. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Uh, Ruth hit 29 home runs, was never caught stealing, pitched more games, had a lower ERA, drove in more runners. He led the league in runs, home runs, rbi, OBP, slugging %, OPS, OPS+ and total bases. 

What I'm stating is your three more stolen bases are crap stats that people pull out of their ass to try and make the insignificant somehow important. 

Ohtani is having a great year but he is not leading the league in any catagorey. He is not having Ruth's 1919 season. 

He didn’t ask who was better. He asked if anyone has put up those numbers. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Blast I have too much respect for you to started trading insults.  However what in the hell made you think I was suggesting Ohtani was better than Ruth.

Somehow you interpreted my post that way.  The media was making a bid deal about some milestone Ohtani reached by being the first player since Ruth to get 4 wins and I believe 15 HRs.  The next game Ohtani stole his ninth base so I was wondering if it ever happened.  I am exceptionally impressed that not only can Ohtani pitch, bat but he potentially could be a premier base stealer as well.  That is why I post 20 HRs 10 SB and the 4 wins.  Get off the Ruth defense team.  I never suggested Ohtani was better.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Wow, you really don't know anything about Babe Ruth. 

1919 Ruth went 9-5 with a 2.97 era in 17 games. 

He batted 322/.456/.657/1.114 with 29 home runs with 113 RBI. 

Only 7 stolen bases but he was never caught stealing. 

Not for 99 years and not as a rookie and fewer SB. Babe Ruth was pretty good just the same.

10 hours ago, stormngt said:

You must provide Gubi his random stats he blabbers on air.

This jackhole ranks 4th all time in wins during odd numbered months with a game day temperature between 81-84 degrees while the road team has at least 3 players from other countries that begin in R.