• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout may not return when eligible because of family matters?

TroutField

On 8/14/2018 at 7:06 AM, WeatherWonk said:

I dont know how well-funded the Jersey Mike chain is, but if Trout does sign with Philly or a NY team, that would be a natural endorsement.

It would also be more difficult for him to have any thoughts of entering the Hall as an Angel. 

With Vlad, it was a no-brainer, even though his numbers were better as an Expo. "Which franchise do you choose, one with no members yet, or a defunct franchise?"

I have only browsed this thread so I maybe misinterpreting the message but I find it appalling that people link Trouts fresh agency with this tragedy 

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I have only browsed this thread so I maybe misinterpreting the message but I find it appalling that people link Trouts fresh agency with this tragedy 

That is what's germane in your post.  You are misinterpreting the message.

There were many posts made before the announcement of the death of his brother-in-law. Mine was one of those. 

8 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Rumor here is self inflicted gunshot wound.......?

While I'm not attempting to "shame" this, my personal view is that even if accurate and coming from locals, this is the kind of thing I'd prefer to never be reported incorrectly for the sake of being first to the story. If true, at best, it's going to cause questions to the grieving family sooner than they'd prefer. If false, I couldn't imagine something more painful being made even worse. 

I'm not a mod, and not going to tell the mods how to react to this. I'm just offering my perspective on a tragic topic. 

6 hours ago, 101halo said:

While I'm not attempting to "shame" this, my personal view is that even if accurate and coming from locals, this is the kind of thing I'd prefer to never be reported incorrectly for the sake of being first to the story. If true, at best, it's going to cause questions to the grieving family sooner than they'd prefer. If false, I couldn't imagine something more painful being made even worse. 

I'm not a mod, and not going to tell the mods how to react to this. I'm just offering my perspective on a tragic topic. 

While I understand your point, I can assure you that, unlike the media today, there was no rush to be the first to report the news. As an East-coaster, I am usually behind the curve anyway, as I sometimes miss out on contributing to threads due to the time difference. I have checked this thread a few times earlier, and there was a number of people wondering/speculating on cause of death. I was given an unofficial version of the story as told to me by someone I know who lives in the area. I have chosen to leave out the details, as told to me, as it takes this story in a darker direction. 

So if the mods think my post is inappropriate, please feel free to delete.