• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout to DL

m0nkey

11 minutes ago, krAbs said:

He hasn't played since August 1st, but it is only retroactive to august 6th. Anyone know why not make it all the way back to the first, so he is potentially available sooner? Is there any real reason not to do this?

Doesn't make sense to me either. This is from the MLB website.

"Players may be placed on the 10-day DL "retroactively," meaning the DL stint is backdated to the day after the last date on which the player appeared in a game. For instance, if a pitcher is diagnosed with elbow inflammation on June 4 after feeling soreness during his June 1 start, he could be placed on the 10-day DL on June 4 retroactive to June 2. In that case, he would be eligible to return from the disabled list on June 12."

4 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Doesn't make sense to me either. This is from the MLB website.

"Players may be placed on the 10-day DL "retroactively," meaning the DL stint is backdated to the day after the last date on which the player appeared in a game. For instance, if a pitcher is diagnosed with elbow inflammation on June 4 after feeling soreness during his June 1 start, he could be placed on the 10-day DL on June 4 retroactive to June 2. In that case, he would be eligible to return from the disabled list on June 12."

It makes sense if he isn't going to be ready 10 days after his last start, which he clearly won't be.  

36 minutes ago, krAbs said:

He hasn't played since August 1st, but it is only retroactive to august 6th. Anyone know why not make it all the way back to the first, so he is potentially available sooner? Is there any real reason not to do this?

Because he is really hurt and needs the time.

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Because he is really hurt and needs the time.

I'm sure he is - but, the DL time is the minimum, right? Like, if you go on the 10 day DL, you cannot come back before 10 days. But, you can stay on it longer if you want.

It doesn't REALLY matter, it just seems odd to me. Like, if Trout wakes up tomorrow and suddenly feels magically better, he will now be stuck on the DL longer - whereas there would be no downside to starting it earlier.

25 minutes ago, krAbs said:

I'm sure he is - but, the DL time is the minimum, right? Like, if you go on the 10 day DL, you cannot come back before 10 days. But, you can stay on it longer if you want.

It doesn't REALLY matter, it just seems odd to me. Like, if Trout wakes up tomorrow and suddenly feels magically better, he will now be stuck on the DL longer - whereas there would be no downside to starting it earlier.

Well, I think the point of them keeping him off of the DL was to see how it healed and to see if he could make it back before the 10 day mark. Obviously, it didn't and maybe the Angels determined that he's not healing quick enough for them to keep him off the DL all together. They've probably determined the injury is bad enough where it's safe to place him on the DL retro to 8/6 to let it fully heal. 

Who knows though. These are the same guys that use dehydration as a code for Tommy John Surgery.

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

They are probably going to sub with a pitcher since lately every day is a bullpen game.

That might not be a bad thing considering that most of our pitchers fall apart if we try to get any normal amount of innings out of them.

Edited by fan_since79

Time for Billy to toss in the towel. See what you can get for Upton on a waiver deal. A couple more young arms for the pen. '19 starters set and look good.. Richards, Barria, Heaney, Skaggs, Ohtani.  Ward's ready to take over 3b. bring him up now. Put Cowart in LF and just leave him there the rest of the year to get his rips. Stay with Fletch at 2b  to get his rips. Trout was sent back down in '11 don't make the same mistake twice. Thaiss ready? Not sure, marginal.

Irstie or Bengie or Salmon for '19 manager?

1 minute ago, Memories of 02 said:

Time for Billy to toss in the towel. See what you can get for Upton on a waiver deal. A couple more young arms for the pen. '19 starters set and look good.. Richards, Barria, Heaney, Skaggs, Ohtani.  Ward's ready to take over 3b. bring him up now. Put Cowart in LF and just leave him there the rest of the year to get his rips. Stay with Fletch at 2b  to get his rips. Trout was sent back down in '11 don't make the same mistake twice. Thaiss ready? Not sure, marginal.

Upton has a no  trade clause a I personally wouldn’t trade him for two bullpen arms.  

Just now, Memories of 02 said:

Nice first post. 

Give our young guys some rips...get em nice and toasty.