• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: Scioscia expected to step down at end of season

jordan

Thank god.

He wanted Adam Kennedy bunt after he already hit 2 homers in the 2002 ALCS game 5. Luckily for the Angels, he didn't get the bunt down, and hit homer #3.

His insistence on playing Hamilton in the playoffs, when it was clear Hamilton had checked out, or was hopped up on goofballs, was frustrating.

He can't be making that daily commute from Thousand Oaks still, can he?

8 hours ago, Vladfan said:

I don't read the article the same as most here. 

I read it as he will focus on finishing the season and then speak with the front office to see what his future with the team is. 

I don't read where he says that he is done managing the Angels. 

Exactly. When all is said and done there could be a nice little extension for the skipper, and this board will self-destruct.

The last home game of the year when the game ends Scioscia should walk out of the dugout and the crowd should all tip their cap and then pull a book out and turn the page. Then Jeppy should walk out to the mound and show us one last time how well the ball can come out of a players hand. 

7 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I think the only place he manages if he manages after the Angels would be the Dodgers. I don’t see him moving this late in his life. He still has a home in TO from what I recall reading. 

I have no idea if he will manage again, but age probably won’t be the deciding factor if he moves to another city or state.   He’s five years younger than Maddon, who three years ago went to Chicago.  

39 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Thank god.

He wanted Adam Kennedy bunt after he already hit 2 homers in the 2002 ALCS game 5. Luckily for the Angels, he didn't get the bunt down, and hit homer #3.

His insistence on playing Hamilton in the playoffs, when it was clear Hamilton had checked out, or was hopped up on goofballs, was frustrating.

He can't be making that daily commute from Thousand Oaks still, can he?

Supposedly has a place in OC, but still does.   Im sure at 60, he's tired.

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I have no idea if he will manage again, but age probably won’t be the deciding factor if he moves to another city or state.   He’s five years younger than Maddon, who three years ago went to Chicago.  

Maddon was still chasing a ring and he got a much later start on his managing life...    I think Mike may just go into the booth somewhere, we may finally see more of this personality.

9 hours ago, robblin17 said:

While I understand your point, I think a lot of people forget that Scioscia had an extremely heavy influence over the roster. 

Scioscia picked Mathis over Napoli and who knows what else  

The narrative that Scioscia was just served a bunch of shitty teams is BS because Scioscia had his hands ALL OVER most of the teams he managed. 

I have asked specifically on this board for people to provide proof that Scioscia was the "silent manager" under Reagins regime?

Any proof thaylt he had more control on the personal than a typical manager?

Any proof other than speculation on AW?

I would appreciate that you would provide the proof before I die.  My current life expectancy is another 25 years!!!!!

9 hours ago, robblin17 said:

So Scioscia deserves a lot of the blame for where we are at then, right? Or the negative blame only goes to what fits the Scioscia defense argument? 

Now dumbass!  He said Scioscia has more influence over the franchise over its entire history.  That means Scioscia impact has led this franchise to a career winning record.   And yes over 500 is called winning.  

Dipshito is responsible for the disaster between 2013-2018 because he f up out farm system and depth.

Per Fletcher's Twitter:

"Mike Scioscia said “nothing’s changed since October” regarding his job status. Called reports of him stepping down “poppycock.” (Yes, he said that.) Also said he still “loves” managing. Cut off other questions."

Poppycock...no details if he cleaned his monocle after he said it

8 hours ago, robblin17 said:

For those of you that would not mind if Sosh was here next year, what do you think is the reason/reasoning behind him not returning, assuming it’s true? 

Does Eppler want someone new and, if so, why? 

Why would Sosh be leaving if he has little to no bearing on the results of the team? 

19 years can burn out a lot of people.  Plus no extensio. Was offered