• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler Like Trade

Tyler

Angels
Andrelton Simmons (acquired with Jose Briceno from Atlanta for Sean Newcomb, Erick Aybar, Chris Ellis and cash, November 2015) 

Simmons is one of the 20 best players in the Majors, and better than he was in Atlanta by far. Newcomb hasn't been bad for the Braves this year, but he hasn't been Andrelton Simmons.  

https://www.mlb.com/news/each-teams-best-player-acquired-via-trade/c-286661890

Who is the next Angels target?

JT Realmuto has got to be it. I'd expect a similar package to bring him to the Angels. 

they're gonna want Adell and Canning.  

We could probably do Marsh, Canning and another.  

I feel like Eppler views catchers like pen guys.  They're somewhat disposable and if you get one that's a defensive whiz on the cheap he'd do that instead.  I think Maldo is mentoring Briceno.  

An Eppler trade to me is one that pretty much everyone hates because he deals one of our good young players or notable prospects for a freakin' no name return.

Or, from this last season/offseason, one in which he acquires a player with an expiring, yet bloated contract for a pile of "maybe prospects" in A Ball and some salary relief.

The most Eppler trade I can dream up right now is something like...

David Fletcher, Jose Suarez and Taylor Ward for Jonathan Schoop.

Brandon Marsh and Jose Soriano for Jose Abreu.

For Realmuto...the most equitable deal I can dream up is probably Chris Rodriguez, Jose Suarez, Taylor Ward and Jahmai Jones for Realmuto. 

We keep our blue chippers but trade away a freakin haul of prospects that are the next step down.

22 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

A similar package for Realmuto would be something like Suarez, Cowart, and Chris Rodriguez.

Exchange Cowart for Briceno (they need a catcher) and possibly Rodriguez for someone like Pena or Castillo. Hell, throw in Cowart too. 

5 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

An Eppler trade to me is one that pretty much everyone hates because he deals one of our good young players or notable prospects for a freakin' no name return.

Or, from this last season/offseason, one in which he acquires a player with an expiring, yet bloated contract for a pile of "maybe prospects" in A Ball and some salary relief.

The most Eppler trade I can dream up right now is something like...

David Fletcher, Jose Suarez and Taylor Ward for Jonathan Schoop.

Brandon Marsh and Jose Soriano for Jose Abreu.

I wouldn't trade Marsh straight up for Abreu or even Fletcher for Schoop. 

31 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Angels
Andrelton Simmons (acquired with Jose Briceno from Atlanta for Sean Newcomb, Erick Aybar, Chris Ellis and cash, November 2015) 

Simmons is one of the 20 best players in the Majors, and better than he was in Atlanta by far. Newcomb hasn't been bad for the Braves this year, but he hasn't been Andrelton Simmons.  

https://www.mlb.com/news/each-teams-best-player-acquired-via-trade/c-286661890

Who is the next Angels target?

JT Realmuto has got to be it. I'd expect a similar package to bring him to the Angels. 

I like it. 

How about Suarez, Kruger (doing well in A and AA as a catcher), Luis Pena & Cowart for JT Realmuto?

1 minute ago, Scotty@AW said:

Happ could also be a solid 2B or 3B if pressed into it. But Maddon loves building depth. He'll keep Happ and underuse him just like he did Baez.

The Cubs are smart for not dealing Almora and Baez. 

Baez is poised for a 30/30 season this year. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I wouldn't trade Marsh straight up for Abreu or even Fletcher for Schoop. 

Exactly why I listed it. Eppler makes trades that look freakin stupid on the surface but somehow work out.

The Simmons deal looked like we got fleeced. The Maldonado deal looked like we traded a good young catcher for a crappy old catcher.

1 minute ago, Scotty@AW said:

Exactly why I listed it. Eppler makes trades that look freakin stupid on the surface but somehow work out.

The Simmons deal looked like we got fleeced. The Maldonado deal looked like we traded a good young catcher for a crappy old catcher.

I see. I was confused by your post at first.