• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler Like Trade

Tyler

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I wouldn't trade Marsh straight up for Abreu or even Fletcher for Schoop. 

+1

Everyone please look at Schoop's numbers this year.   Uggggggly, the only thing decent about them is the 30 XBH's in 79 games.

Heaven help us, if his fellow MIF Halos countryman ever had an ugly season like Schoop's while with the Halos.   

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

+1

Everyone please look at Schoop's numbers this year.   Uggggggly, the only thing decent about them is the 30 XBH's in 79 games.

Heaven help us, if his fellow MIF Halos countryman ever had an ugly season like Schoop's while with the Halos.   

Look at his numbers last year though.

2 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Look at his numbers last year though.

Haven't the Halos though had too many players like that over the years (up and down like a turbulent stock market and mainly crappy OBPs)?   .264 is a really crappy OBP.  I'd rather take a chance with Rengifo and his OBP and SBs at 2B as a potentially solid leadoff guy. 

16 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Exactly why I listed it. Eppler makes trades that look freakin stupid on the surface but somehow work out.

The Simmons deal looked like we got fleeced. The Maldonado deal looked like we traded a good young catcher for a crappy old catcher.

Well to be fair Maldonado is a crappy hitting catcher.

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Haven't the Halos though had too many players like that over the years (up and down like a turbulent stock market and mainly crappy OBPs)?   .264 is a really crappy OBP.  I'd rather take a chance with Rengifo and his OBP and SBs at 2B as a potentially solid leadoff guy. 

The underperformers tended to be older. Schoop is just now entering his prime and is capable of .280 30+ HR's. And playing alongside Simmons could help him bring his game to an entirely new level.

Just now, Scotty@AW said:

The underperformers tended to be older. Schoop is just now entering his prime and is capable of .280 30+ HR's. And playing alongside Simmons could help him bring his game to an entirely new level.

Well, there is the fellow countryman friends together, prospering together, thing.   His plate discipline is really crappy though (.231 BA, .264 OBP, and lots of Ks).

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I wouldn't trade Marsh straight up for Abreu or even Fletcher for Schoop. 

I know a lot of people here are high on Fletcher, but I don't really understand why other than him hitting very well in the minors this year. I'd be surprised if he turned out to be anything more than a Jonny Giavotella type

2 hours ago, greginpsca said:

Cowart will be a free agent at the end of this season. Not sure anyone would want him in a trade, then lose him to free agency.

He has 5 years of team control after 2018. As @stormngt said he just needs to be on an active roster moving forward. He has a lot of value left as a utility guy and perhaps, for a team willing to give him a chance, a low-level regular on a cellar-dweller team.

2 hours ago, SigBaby said:

I know a lot of people here are high on Fletcher, but I don't really understand why other than him hitting very well in the minors this year. I'd be surprised if he turned out to be anything more than a Jonny Giavotella type

Like Clockwork